Reservation before the payment

Andrea39
Level 10
Rome, Italy

Reservation before the payment

Hello everybody,

As you know sometimes we host receive a booking, but the potential guest didn't pay yet and this compromises our business expecially when the reservation has made within 24 hours the check-in time.

I would suggest to AIRBNB to not allow booking if the guest hasn't still given her/his credit card's details to the administration or to allow the host to cancel it without any penalty for her/his profile.

It is not the first time that I receive a reservation the day before the check-in, but the guest hasn't paid yet... and sometimes she/he will not so my calendar is freezed and I lose my business opportunity.

Waiting to hear your comments and suggestions.

Greetings from Rome!

2 Replies 2
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Andrea39 

Not all guests pay by credit card, some payment methods take more time.

But the provided payment time period should be limited to a few hours for bookings which start within next 24 hours.

M199
Level 10
South Bruce Peninsula, Canada

@Andrea39 

I see your point, however here's my experience from last week.

Guest tried to book, all was good.  We got the awaiting payment.  The guests was not able to confirm payment and the initial bookkng request was withdrawn.  The next day the same guest tried to rebook, again.  I accepted with the qualifier that if the 2nd booking request failed,  any further attempts would be declined.  Eventually the payment went through.

The guest messaged me that her credit card had been compromised on the day she tried to book initially.

Sometimes things like this happen.