Reservation cancelled coupon code etc

Josh1541
Level 1
Bozeman, MT

Reservation cancelled coupon code etc

I had a reservation starting last Thursday. When I called the host for check in info on the start day of reservation, they informed me that Airbnb had locked their account 30 days prior and the property was no longer available. 

I called Airbnb support and they informed me that the reservation should have been cancelled automatically and they apologized.  There was only one property left to be used as a replacement and it cost $1500 more. Airbnb offered to offset the difference and credit my account $1312. The customer service agent told me to book the property. They said nothing about waiting to receive a coupon. I booked the new property and got on my flight to the destination. 

When I arrived the CS agent told me I should have waited for the coupon before booking. There was no way for me to apply the coupon after the fact and I am now out $1312 on this whole fiasco which I feel is entirely Airbnb's fault. Customer service is refusing to refund the $1312 and being very unhelpful. 

This whole situation could have been avoided if the original reservation would have been cancelled when the host's account was locked. 

1 Reply 1
Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Josh1541,

Can you make a claim against your travel insurance under the trip interruption clause since the original property wasn't available?