Level 2
Macomb, IL

Reservation was made for 1 person and four4 more came a week later

What do I do now to collect correct amount of payment

3 Replies 3
Normen0
Level 10
Canada

@Edward11 If they are still staying, you can "change the reservation" to four persons to collect more over person but it will be applied to the entire stay. This is under Support.  The guest has to approve the change.    I see you have additional fees after two people.  It is wise to change to the current number of people to accurately reflect the stay although by doing this the additional funds exceed the extra people full stay.

You could also "request money".  Also found under Support.  Calculate what they owe you and request that amount.  You could send it to them and let them know that it is actually a bonus for them as this is not taxed.  They also have to approve this request.  If they do not approve this, you can forward this to Resolution Centre if they decline or 72 hours has expired. 

Maxine33
Level 7
Alexandria, VA

Hi @Edward11 , Have you reached out to the guest to explain there is an additional fee for the extra guests?  Most of the time they are cooperative with your sending a request through the resolution center for the additional guests.

Mark116
Level 10
Jersey City, NJ

@Edward11  Contact the guest ASAP and explain that they must have misread the listing, because there is an extra guest charge for every person after 2 people, and that it is important for insurance and other safety reasons that the guest count is accurate.

Tell them to input the correct number of guests or I think? you can also 'change' the reservation to the correct number of guests and then the guest has to accept it.

If they refuse, hopefully you have a local co host who can go to the property and first speak to them, and if they won't fix the reservation you will have to contact Airbnb for a neutral cancellation, do not cancel yourself!!!!!  and then your local contact can go to the property and supervise their check out.

Try to keep things as low key and friendly as possible until/unless they refuse or become unresponse.