Resolution center ghosting

Rob134
Level 2
St. Petersburg, FL

Resolution center ghosting

I had a guest in mid April who did damage. The amount was $687. I finally was able to connect with the resolution center send them multiple times the same evidence the same pictures the same invoice etc and about the middle of May it just ended.

There was nothing. I've tweeted Airbnb I've called I replied to the support emails which always say the same thing and nothing.

Does anyone have any history with being absolutely dropped by the resolution center regarding a request for damage reimbursement and just literally being ghosted. It is the most bizarre thing.

Airbnb is obviously important to me as they contribute a significant amount of income to me. But to claim that you have a department which will help in a case like this and then nothing is most bizarre.

I'm a super host I have 15 properties on Airbnb and I have been with them for many years and have never had a claim but they have simply disappeared on this. The ironic thing is I had a lady who called with an issue with one of my units and I heard from them within an hour and they wanted a substantive response within an hour or so from me so the standards are clearly massively different.

Looking for advice or maybe I'm simply missing something here? Simply trying to get reimbursed with the damage that was done by an Airbnb guest.

41 Replies 41

I screenshot each and every message pertinent to this situation I had. 

Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

Hi @Rob134@K93 and @Rhonda301 

I've sent another nudge over to Support along with an update about the lack of response.  The team have advised that you all have open tickets and that you should hear back from someone, but unfortunately I can't give you a timescale for that.

A quick note about tickets.  If you contact Support repeatedly with new tickets, those tickets will be closed down, after any additional information is added to the existing open ticket.  This is to avoid duplication of work and to make sure all information is held in one place.  If you're getting lots of notifications that your ticket has been closed, and you've made multiple contacts, this is likely what's happening.

I really hope that you get a response soon.

Jenny

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Hi Jenny, the most interesting part about that statement is you HAVE someone you can seemingly actually reach out to. Like, a real person! lol....and you know who they are and they know who you are! ....Is it possible to share that with me? God I almost feel like we are dealing with a secret organization, where knowledge is dangerous and must be held as a closely guarded secret. 

That being said in the most humorous of ways, if you can share please do, as the story remains the same. same circle jerk

Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Rob134 

I know you've come back and confirmed everything is sorted, but in case anyone else sees this and wants to know, I just wanted to respond!

I can see where you're coming from, and I'm sorry if I've given you the impression that there's an escalation route that's being withheld, but please be assured that's not the case here.

When a Community Center member lets us know that they're waiting to hear back from Support, we just give Support a nudge and a note of any information given to us by the member.  Support then add it to the member's ticket and if the ticket needs assigned to someone from support, then the ticket gets assigned and responded to in due course.

Jenny

-----

Genaro18
Level 6
Fort Lauderdale, FL

my guide to “you’re about to get ghosted….Version 1”

**[Image removed - Community Center Guidelines]

Genaro
Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Genaro18 

Is there a specific issue that you're waiting to hear back from Support about?

If so, please let me know, and I'll give the team a nudge.

Jenny

-----

Well….what Robb said

Genaro

Blare the trumpets! we got reimbursed from Resolutions 

THANK YOU JENNY! 

its in the account!

Hi Jenny

I dont know if you saw it but I posted that we did get paid from resolutions. THANK YOU!

Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager

That's AWESOME news @Rob134 - thank you for coming back to follow up!  I'm so glad for you!

Jenny

-----

Jenna356
Level 2
Woodstock, NH

going through the exact same thing. airbnb advertises Host coverage, but is completely negligent in actually offering that service when needed. starting to seem like a case of fraud to me. why is no one from airbnb acknowledging this SERIOUS issue?

IT took literally 100 emails + to FINALLY get this done. Its almost like a steel barrier, I dont get it, but its BAD! You can only be persistent and hope there is no other way.