Review system is seriously biased towards the guest!

Review system is seriously biased towards the guest!

Got to love the equalityโ€™s in the service industry ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธ

Today, Airbnb advised me that whilst my guests have the freedom to mark me on 6 areas between 1*-5* AND they can CHOOSE their overall rating, Iโ€™m not privileged enough to have the same freedom. 

So, for example, they have the power to give 5* for all 6 areas but then issue a 2* Overall. And no amount of challenging the logic behind this with Airbnb will get them to go back to the guest & request a reason for such scores. Apparently this is against their โ€œfreedom of choiceโ€ policy ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿคท๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธ

What is most infuriating, is it is only this Overall rating that counts towards the Hosts official Star Rating. ๐Ÿง and the ability to achieve/maintain our Superhost status, which we pride ourselves on!

However, as a Host, I only have 3 areas I can rate 1-5* and my Overall Guest rating is AUTOMATICALLY calculated depending on these scoresโ€ฆ
๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค” ๐Ÿคฏ๐Ÿคฏ๐Ÿคฏ๐Ÿคฏ๐Ÿคฏ๐Ÿคฏ๐Ÿคฏ

To top it off, Airbnb do not have a complaints department. ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿคท๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธ
You are asked to simply leave feedback, which they openly advise THEY DO NOT RESPOND TO ๐Ÿคฏ๐Ÿ˜ก๐Ÿ˜ค๐Ÿ˜ก๐Ÿ˜  Are you kidding meโ€ฆ.. 

15 Replies 15
Helen744
Level 10
Victoria, Australia

Helen@744 i believe that the fundamental flaw in this system is that hosts are one end of the review system and guests are at the other.We are forced to compete with our guests . there should be two completely different ratings systems and our natural competition is really each other and ourselves. guests should be free to say what they wish but airbnb needs to stop babying guests and let them decide if they want to stay somewhere or not . the rating system does not work effectively to showcase homes or to show good points . More amenities would be better.