Russia and Ukrain

Shwetank0
Level 4
Varanasi, India

Russia and Ukrain

How serious will this war impact the global Tourism?

Shwetank
6 Replies 6
Kate867
Level 10
Canterbury, United Kingdom

I think you are asking the ‘How long is a piece of string’ question.  Generally, Tourism as been greatly impacted by the Covid pandemic and is also then impacted by global events such as the war in the Ukraine…. There may also be other events in the future that we are are obviously not aware of right now.   All you can do is look at your stats, keep an eye on pricing around you and list accordingly.

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Shwetank0 The only thing I can (almost) guarantee is that your tourism will be less affected than that of our Ukranian friends. That is unless your government helps to water down the sanctions by buying cheap Russian oil - In this case one has to hope that sanctions are extended to India as well.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Shwetank0  Your question reminds me of a time several years ago when there was a huge hurricane in the area of Mexico where my daughter lives. All of their telecommunications were knocked out for almost a week. I didn't know whether she was alive or dead for 6 days until she could manage to call me.

The TripAdvisor site for that area was full of distraught people desperately looking for news of friends and relatives who were in the hurricane path. In the midst of this, one woman was so self-centered and insensitive as to ask whether the Hotel XX had sustained damage, as she had her wedding party planned for there 2 months in the future. 

Maybe wait until they stop hauling away the dead bodies of Ukrainian women and children before asking how it might affect your bookings.

Debra300
Top Contributor
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

I think @Shwetank0 should be given a break, because we don't know what type and level of detail in information about the war that's being reported in India.  

@Shwetank0, at this time we can assume that all sectors of life will be impacted globally.  The cost of food, energy, fuel, clothing, transportation, etc. have already drastically risen, and are projected to go higher as the war continues.  It is a good assumption that travel will decrease as people may have to difficulties with meeting their basic needs for shelter and food.  

Don't just believe what I say, check the Airbnb Help Center
Flavia202
Level 10
Kingston, Jamaica

@Shwetank0 it will seriously impact global travel for a host of reasons which you can read about by Googling your question.  India has some articles about it as well. I get that you're trying to gage opinions on this Community forum but you'll get some clap-back for sure, because your question seems inappropriate at this time; yet I'll take it at face value that you meant no harm.

Shwetank0
Level 4
Varanasi, India

Well, thanks for all your opinions. I am really hoping that things get back to normal and peace remains on earth !

Shwetank