SUPER HOST $5000 GRANT PAYMENT

Aunt-Betty0
Level 6
Los Angeles, CA

SUPER HOST $5000 GRANT PAYMENT

Has anyone received the super host $5000 grant payment email invitation and/or payment yet ? 

what if the email got lost or accidentally deleted? Is there no other way to apply for this grant? Seems to confusing and vague. 

6 Replies 6
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Aunt-Betty0 No, you can't apply. And yes, some hosts have reported getting funds from the grant. But it isn't $5000- it's up to $5000. 

Do you often have emails you are sent get lost? Are you in the habit of accidentally deleting emails? (If you do accidentally delete an email, you can usually retreive it from the Trash folder for quite awhile before it disappears)

I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you- it's not like all Superhosts are going to get them- the majority won't.

Why do you say the majority of them won’t? 

Hi @Aunt-Betty0 

It is just that there are a lot of hosts, and not enough money to go around.

I am not holding my breath, I tick al the boxes (superhost for years, only 1 room in my house, lost all future bookings - even at negative now, as my last guest left and asked for a refund, so I own Airbnb money). I got nothing, no superhost fund, no 25% - I have flexible refund, as that was incentivised by Airbnb, so everyone cancel 5 days before arriving and got full refunds.

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

Because Airbnb have made it clear in the communications they have sent to hosts about this that there are only a limited amount of grants available. Some reports I have seen here are 2000 out of the thousands and thousands of hosts out there. @Aunt-Betty0 

You may be luckier than most Airbnb is giving a third or the total number of grants available throughout the world to US hosts.

Alexandra199
Level 10
Gretton, United Kingdom

See the numerous other posts about this subject. I contacted Airbnb on twitter and got this reply....vague!

We appreciate you getting back to us with your email address. You can find the eligibility criteria here: http://abnb.do/60111hpCX We're prioritizing invitations by inviting tenured Superhosts who are most in financial need first. This means not all eligible hosts may necessarily be invited. You will know by May 15th whether you've received an invitation or not.

Not all eligible hosts may necessarily be invited!!! What does that mean? 

i got the grant , but not 5000