Save the date: Tune in April 28 for a Host Update with CEO Brian Chesky

Airbnb
Official Account

Save the date: Tune in April 28 for a Host Update with CEO Brian Chesky

Hello everyone,

CEO Brian Chesky will be providing updates and answers to your top questions about hosting during COVID-19 at 3:00 p.m PST Tuesday, April 28.

Watch it live: Airbnb.com/live

Can’t make it at that time? We’ll share a recording with you after the event.  

For more answers to your questions about hosting during this challenging time, please visit Airbnb.com/COVID–we’ll keep updating it with trends, tips, and information on what we're doing to support our community.

Thank you again for being a host and we hope you are staying safe and healthy. 

64 Replies 64

@Kristina382

It's 25% of what you would have been paid under the terms of your regular cancellation policy. So if you had a strict policy, unless the booking was cancelled within 7 days of arrival, you're (technically) due 25% of 50%, which is 12.5%. 

@Susan17 That is awful this to do from side of Airbnb because they are keep pushing guests to cancel for free. I already lost around 400 eur for reservations of June.

Miko-and-Knox0
Level 2
Belfast, United Kingdom

I am so frustrated that Brian said in his live video. 'Not all hosts who are eligible will get the relief fund'. 

How do you choose these hosts? I meet all the criteria and in financial need. Airbnb give me hope when they told us about the superhost relief package, now it seems Brian has dashed them. As usual things were not clear from Airbnb. To top it off, guests are now getting full refunds up until June 15th! 

Kristina382
Level 2
BG, Serbia

I have entered several airbnb large groups on facebook. What it seems to going on is that Airbnb is sending messages to future guests so they can cancel for free but guest doesn't gets the money they get travel credit not full refund. So AirBnb keeps money leaving hosts with nothing. So its all on our backs. I would like that Brian personally answers about this. Because there is plenty of hosts and guests declaring the same. 

Paul-and-Jo0
Level 1
Gibbston, New Zealand

Can you stop with these useless updates.

Your business is FINISHED.   Why not just close down now and call it a day now instead of burning through billions of dollars more.

There is a glut of hotel rooms and there is no way we are going to try to undercut their rates to compete with our properties.

This glut will not be absorbed for many years.    Do you think you can continue to raise more billions year after year?

You couldn't even make money when times were good!!!

So we have delisted our properties and will be letting them on the long term market - and we will not be using Airbnb and paying you a commission because there are plenty of other sites that are dedicated to long lets that have a small fixed ad fee.