Service dog left hair everywhere!

Answered!
Kevin2616
Level 1
Mt Airy, NC

Service dog left hair everywhere!

The guest did not say anything about having a service dog. The cleaning crew saw it when they came to clean and guests had not left yet. They took a picture and sent it to me. I called guest and he said it was his wife's service dog and that he did not have to tell us. The dog left hair everywhere. We are pet free and we then has to clean everything in the house to get rid of the dog hair.   Grrr

1 Best Answer
Mark116
Level 10
Jersey City, NJ

@Kevin2616  It's true legally he doesn't have to tell you and he can bring a service dog to a no pet listing.  However, only a jerk does that.

I would not mention the dog in the review though because you can get in trouble with Airbnb.  I would say something like 'XX was [insert something nice], unfortunately XX communication was lacking and the property needed extensive additional cleaning after his check-out. I would give 1 star for communication and cleaning. 

View Best Answer in original post

1 Reply 1
Mark116
Level 10
Jersey City, NJ

@Kevin2616  It's true legally he doesn't have to tell you and he can bring a service dog to a no pet listing.  However, only a jerk does that.

I would not mention the dog in the review though because you can get in trouble with Airbnb.  I would say something like 'XX was [insert something nice], unfortunately XX communication was lacking and the property needed extensive additional cleaning after his check-out. I would give 1 star for communication and cleaning.