Share your most memorable and heartwarming Hosting Experiences!

Brian2834
Level 2
Halifax, Canada

Share your most memorable and heartwarming Hosting Experiences!

Dear Hosts,

I'm admittedly new to this forum, but was curious if most unexpected or heartwarming experiences you've had with guests that made hosting truly memorable?

Safe sailing to you all,

-Brian

14 Replies 14
Elisa
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Brian2834 

This is a very nice topic to discuss here. 😍

While we wait for some Hosts to share their experiences, would you like to start by sharing one of yours?

When did you start hosting?

I would love to read about it!

Warm regards 🌻,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines //Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center

Hi @Elisa 

I've hosting for a year, but it's been a very memorable year!

One of my most memorable Airbnb guests was a lovely married couple (I won't names, for privacy, of course) celebrating their anniversary. From the moment they arrived, they fell in love with the garden, spending hours reading on the patio and even naming the resident squirrel “Henry” and some our neighbour's cats! 

On their last night, they asked if they could set up a small surprise. They left us some of their anniversary cake, candle and all!

Before leaving, they also left a very sweet note. And said they'd never forget our stay (or Henry!--he now has a squirrel feeder/what was a bird feeder!

Safe sailing, and safe travel!

-Brian

Hi @Brian2834 😊

Thank you for sharing this with the community, it sounds like such a lovely experience!

What do you think makes a stay truly special for guests?

I’ll mention some other Hosts to see what incredible stories they have: @Marie8425@Robin4@Zheng49@Dee32 and @Tokunbo0 

Warm regards🌻,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines //Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center

I can only really speak to our current Airbnb in Halifax Nova Scotia, but a truly special stay here combines comfort, local charm, and thoughtful touches that reflect the city’s maritime spirit. Offering a cozy, clean space with coastal-inspired décor, such as subtle nautical elements or local art, can make guests feel connected to the region. Warm hospitality is key—small gestures like a handwritten note, local treats (like oatcakes or a craft beer), and a personalized guide to Halifax’s hidden gems create a welcoming atmosphere.

Our guests appreciate convenience, so being located near popular spots like the waterfront, Citadel Hill, or in the (trendish) North End enhances their experience. Providing insider tips on the best seafood, scenic walks, or historic sites ensures a richer, more authentic visit. Personalized touches, like travel guides or recommendations for current events, combined with sustainable practices, show care for both guests. Together, these elements make a stay in Halifax feel unique and unforgettable.

Hope that helps, and Happy Hosting!

Brian

Hi @Brian2834 😊,

What you wrote here is so inspiring!

I agree with you, details always make a big difference for the guest experience.

I’m so fascinated by how you talk about Halifax and how you make the city sound so attractive.

Have you thought about writing a post about it?

I think other Hosts would be inspired as well. If so, you can start a conversation here. 

Warm regards🌻,

-----

@Elisa 

Thank you for the invite.

Actually I joke my dogs get more mentions in my reviews.  Haha  I always read my Guest reviews to see if we have the same opinion. lol

For us Arizona market and Hawaii market to different things but surprising though my guests say clean and such.  These are people living with my husband myself and two other strangers and two dogs.  Interesting,  What my guests compliment the most is the family attitude.   Sort of like distant cousins.  lol

Right now my Guest  that works afternoons is a veterinary from Mexico. Doesn't speak English, I don't speak Spanish.  Every morning invites me to his cooked Mexican breakfast which I enjoy.  The best part besides his cooking, is giggles.  He feels comfortable to make a joke in  Spanish I hear my name and tortilla.He makes fresh everyday so I don't understand the Spanish but do understand his giggles.  I join in and we share something enjoyable

Hi @Marie8425 😊,

This is a very nice moment! Thank you for sharing it with us. 😍
I hope @Brian2834 appreciates it as well!

I’m curious, do you use Google Translate for communication?

Warm regards 🌻

-----

That's lovely! @Marie8425 ! Thanks for sharing! -Brian

@Elisa 

He is very good with Google Translate on his phone.  It is just enjoying breakfast we are busy enjoying. lol

Rafael1683
Level 1
Green Bay, WI

Well must memorable experience was with a mother and daughter that stay in my place. They wanted to watch a particular channel to watch a soap opera together; I took it upon myself to make this happen and gut a special antenna for the TV so they could watch the tv program. The last day they told me something was wrong with the TV so I went to check what was wrong and they surprise with a home cook meal.   This a very memorable moment because one is able to develop a connection with the guest that could last a lifetime. This Mother and daughter has stay in my place a couple of occasion after that. My experience is that staying flexible with your guest and accommodate their need pay off in the long run.  If you put time and effort to keep you guest happy is not only gratifying but also profitable in the long run. 

I hope this help you Brian to encourage you to keep growing with in our airbnb community. Best wishes my friend. 

Sincerely,

Rafael Garcia Aulet 

Absolutely! 

That is really cool,  @Rafael1683! We've had a couple guests surprise us with food, too!

Safe sails,

-Brian

Randy695
Level 1
Camp Point, IL

@Brian2834 Always be accommodating is the best advice. We had someone two months ago contact me and ask if it was possible to land a helicopter in our yard. We’re out in the country and I’m a commercial pilot so I told her that she had hit the jackpot! We ended up having them Fly into a local ice cream social nearby for dinner as well. Made quite the impression on the local folks and our guest was very pleased with the experience. They’ll definitely be back if they’re coming through the area.

Sounds *very* memorable! Thanks for sharing, @Randy695 ! I've always wanted to go to flight school! Take care.

Raquel-And-Jon0
Level 1
Harrisburg, PA

@Brian2834 Hello. We have a small bulletin board where our guest share little notes and drawings. Our guests seem more inclined to leave little notes and drawings instead of writing in our “how was your stay” journal. I love reading the notes that they leave.