Share your unforgettable hosting stories!

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Share your unforgettable hosting stories!

Quincy_0-1720609716981.jpeg

Hello everyone 👋 

We're gathering your most unforgettable hosting stories to potentially feature them in our Community Center festivals, inspiring fellow Hosts and guests alike. I think we may all agree that hosting on Airbnb is not only about providing a place to stay but about creating unforgettable experiences for guests. 😍

Have you ever had an interesting, funny or heartwarming experience that has left a lasting impression on you or your guests? We want to hear all about these amazing stories! 🙌

Here’s how you can share your special stories with the wider community:

1. Craft a detailed story: 🖋 Many of you go above and beyond to ensure your guests feel welcomed, comfortable, and cared for. Whether it's a transformative experience or the beginning of a lifelong friendship, set the scene and provide details. We are asking for 500 words (if you can!) 
  2. Pictures: 📸Include photos to complement your story. 
  3. Comment your story below or send it to me via direct message. 📩

We look forward to hearing your incredible stories that highlight the special bond between Hosts and guests. Let's inspire each other with our experiences!

Here are examples of some amazing stories shared by some Hosts in the community👇

@Clara116's Story: Clara grows loofahs in her garden and delights in sharing them with her guests, adding a personal and unique touch to their stay.

@Daniel1651, @Jue0, and @Claudia331’s Co-Authored Story: This trio collaborated to recount their memorable experiences with guests, showcasing the diverse and heartwarming interactions they've had.

@Robin4’s Story: Robin went above and beyond by helping their guests with home construction on Kangaroo Island, turning a simple stay into an unforgettable experience of community and support.

Quincy

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

32 Replies 32

Hi @Andrea-Salvatore0 , You've described the hosting experience so beautifully 😍  I'm curious, what has been one of the most memorable moments you've had with your guests so far? Do you have any special gestures that you and Francesca use to make your guests feel especially welcome? Like welcome snacks or welcome kits? 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Ciao Bhumika, sinceramente devo ammettere che ogni storia è speciale nella sua unicità, ma l'esperienza fatta con i nostri secondi ospiti è stata quella più emozionante e intensa, proprio perché abbiamo partecipato alla ricerca dei loro antenati emigrati in America, partiti da un paese qui vicino. Abbiamo vissuto assieme la loro storia familiare, che poi è la storia di tanti noi Siciliani, motivo per cui ci siano sentiti complici e intimi.
Si, come fanno tanti di noi, amiamo accogliere i nostri ospiti facendo trovare loro dei dolci tipici locali e del prosecco fresco, ma durante il loro soggiorno interagiamo con loro suggerendo cosa fare, dove mangiare, etc. Ma tutto dipende dal feeling che si stabilisce: ad una ospite abbiamo fatto un regalo per il suo compleanno, ad altri abbiamo portato della frutta fresca locale di stagione...ogni storia è una storia unica e irripetibile, ci facciamo trasportare dalle situazioni e dalle emozioni.
A presto!
A&F

Clydeishia0
Level 1
Bahamas, The Bahamas

Good morning everyone. I have had a few visitors to my airbnb and I am loving the experience. I had my first demanding visitor last week and I felt like I handled it well. Being a host will sometimes be challenging but I encourage us all to take it one step at a time, one day at a time. 

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Clydeishia0 , It’s nice to hear that you’re loving the experience of hosting! 😍 Hosting can have it's fair set of challenges, but your positive attitude is truly inspiring. 🌻

Would you like to share with the community about the situation with the guest and how you handled it for other Hosts to learn? Do you have any tips and ideas for other new Hosts? 

-----

Audrey1077
Level 2
Kampala, Uganda

Hello lovely people!
Well, My unforgettable story about hosting just happened last month, where i hosted an Indian traveler called Sib! 
If i have met adorable people full of kind hearts, then Sib would take a front seat. He was a calm He changed my thoughts about Indians as an “endogamous” group. Right from the airport the smiley face he wore was calming and homely.  I knew i was meeting a friend and not just a guest. He was an inquisitive person, loved to learn about the African culture and heritage, very open minded too, chatty and kind.(i also learned that there’s a lot of misconceptions about the African race and our way of life. I believe he loved his stay! Why? Cause he even decided to stay for two more days, after his booking was previously two days.

I will admit the whole hosting process gets us running up and down, all busy and anxious before guests arrive, but believe me I didn’t feel that way the days i hosted Sib! 

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thank you so much for sharing this @Audrey1077 

-----

Anastasia431
Level 2
Gig Harbor, WA

This is less specific, but I really love being able to provide a space where my guests get to enjoy family holidays and they get to have an experience they treasure at my home.  It’s so rewarding hearing the feedback of how they enjoyed their time and what the did while visiting the area.  I feel lucky to be able to provide that and connect with people from all over the world that way. 

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Anastasia431, thank you so much for taking the time to reply on this thread ! It must be very rewarding, indeed to hear such positive feedback from your guests! 

What would you say has been the most positive experience that has left a positive impact on you? 😊

-----

Whitney274
Level 2
Delray Beach, FL

@Quincy I had my very first tenant two 19 year olds!  my airbnb mentor recommended against it but I love young people more then I do adults!  And I had been renting to college students previously in CA now in FL with an airbnb why not give young people a chance?  The girls were so sweet and great communicators.  They unfortunately locked themselves out of the unit after 11pm the first night and slept in there car.

I have a ring on the unit so I saw how desperate she was when she brought in a man who wanted to break the locks to let them in rather then using a lock smith.  Thankfully she decided not to do it and they slept in there car until I saw there message at 7am the following morning and immediately let them back in.  They were so grateful they went over and above to take care of my place and I am so grateful I took a chance on them as guests!  I received my first 5 star review from them which I am delighted about.

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Whitney274, I hope you're doing well! I'm so sorry to hear about them locking themselves out, but thankfully, everything went well! 😊 Was this your very first booking? 

Also just a small note, I've added an @tag with my name on your comment. For future, reference, doing so will prompt a notification message to the person you're trying to mention (in this case, me @Quincy) I hope this helps!  ❤️

-----

Debemos cuidar mucho los detalles, lugares, vistas, recibir con algún obsequio sencillo a los huéspedes, ellos se deben sentir diferentes igual o mejor al lugar que habitan, que supere las expectativas el lugar que proporcionamos 

saludos  

[Translation added by Community Manager]

We must take great care of the details, places, views, welcome guests with a simple gift, they must feel different, equal to or better than the place they live in, that the place we provide exceeds expectations. 

greetings 

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Pedro2032 , That's indeed a beautiful approach to hosting! 😍 What do you provide guests as a welcome gift? 

Do you have any memorable encounter with guests that you'd like to share with the Community? 🎉

-----

A bottle of wine, regionals Candy, flowers?? , Some examples 

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hola @Pedro2032, cómo estás? ¡Muchas gracias por responder a mi tema!

¡Me encantaría conocer tu historia sobre los pasos que diste para superar las expectativas de los huéspedes! Espero saber de ti y te deseo un gran fin de semana 👀

[Translation added by Community Manager]

Hello Pedro, how are you? Thank you so much for replying to this topic!

I would love to hear your story on which steps you took to exceed guest expectations!

Looking forward to hearing from you and wishing you a great weekend! 

-----

Susan1188
Level 10
Marbella, Spain

This review from a fantastic guest pretty much says it all.

Screenshot 2024-07-12 at 00.34.59.png