Show us your projects and artworks!

Robin4
Top Contributor
Mount Barker, Australia

Show us your projects and artworks!

Bhumika , recent post of @Holland6 's got me to thinking, how about a discussion thread....'What is your project'!

I am all the time working on something new but one project I was quite proud of, my eldest daughter has a few laying hens in her rear garden and she loves her chooks, almost treats them like children so I made her a wall hanging for her birthday. 

I got a sheet of form-board and drew out my design, went to the tile shop and got a heap of broken and left over tiles and away I went......

IMG20190224114618.jpg 

Each day it grew a bit further........

IMG20190224185115.jpg

IMG20190225192912.jpg

IMG20190227165639.jpg

Once I had all the pieces fitted I grouted it......

IMG20190305113603.jpg

And here it is hanging in her outdoor area........

IMG20190306140145.jpg

It was so well received, the only thing that stumped me was the egg! Impossible to make a mosaic egg so, I ended up with a river rock!

Cheers.......Rob 

[Title updated by Community Manager for  visibility]

19 Replies 19
Sarah5000
Host Advisory Board Member
Adelaide, Australia

@Robin4 great suggestion yes maybe sometimes next year we can organise a meetup event about workshop like this ....let me think about it. 

Sarah
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

@Sarah5000 @Robin4 ! What an amazing idea! I too would love to learn from the best and participate in Robin's workshops but alas the distance😫

Next summer I am definitely going to try out these kind of workshops here in Toronto for sure😍 (specially ceramic art or pottery. I have seen some adverts about such workshops here often)!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Like how did u came up with that idea? It's so amazing! I want to make one so, I can display it too. 

Robin4
Top Contributor
Mount Barker, Australia

@David11096 

David, I bought an old derelict property in 2009. there was not one aspect of it that I did not have to turn my hand to to make the way I wanted it.

I got to play around with lots of broken tiles and it gave me the confidence to try my hand at making something beautiful that others would admire.

David, just start out with a plan in mind and the rest will fall into place. There is almost nothing you can't create in the form of artwork by smashing tiles.....all you need is that vision in your mind, your hand will do the rest. 

Cheers........Rob 

You really did amazing on that artwork. I know people who will see that will be amazed, just like me. 

I'm not that really creative, but thank you for that. Cheers to that wonderful artwork!