Sick of host reminders!

Sick of host reminders!

Dear @Catherine Powell 

if you have hosts so negligent that they need constant reminders to communicate with their guests why are they on the platform? I do not need you to ding my phone constantly with idiotic suggestions like making sure I’m available. It’s my home. Of course I’m available.

That cell phone ding that goes off in the middle of meetings, family gatherings and god forbid we get a bathroom break is only for when guests are booking or need something.

I turned your reminders off in notifications and the app turned all notifications off. I no longer got pinged for booking notifications, guest questions.

I have a guest checking in. My account clearly shows ongoing conversations. I DO NOT NEED A BABYSITTER sending me preschool instructions on the day of checkin and days before. The interruptions aren’t welcome nor are the reminders to consider homes in my own saved vacation searches.

You don’t build business by annoying your clients.

I’m employed and so is my cohost. So stop the unnecessary interruptions. Please hire some grownups to work on your platform and focus on policing the hosts with complaints. 

SUPERHOSTS don’t need hand holding!

There are days when I wonder if it would be easier to go back to long term tenants. Love my Airbnb guests (most at least), hate Airbnb’s platform dysfunction.

rant over!

40 Replies 40
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Christine615 

I noticed recently Airbnb robots are also interfering in received messages from guests, coming up with  suggestions or making other remarks.

I could not find an option to turn it off, but it is very annoying too !

Here is recent example of a "box" appearing inside the message:

Emiel1_0-1622232809533.png

@Emiel1  That is possibly the most annoying thing I have ever seen.

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Ann72 

The message from the guest was about washing machine.....

What will be the next step? Robots going to ANSWER messages from guests ?

@Emiel1  Wouldn’t it be better if they sent us each a butler to take care of our lives so we had more time to do all the Airbnb stuff?  🤣

@Emiel1  I wouldn't be the least bit surprised that will be implemented at some point. The algorithm will pick out some key words and send the guest an answer that has nothing whatsoever to do with the question that was asked.

Like the useless links to Help articles the CS reps send that have nothing to do with the issue at hand.

@Emiel1 supremely aggravating! Especially when one already has a guidebook! I feel like I need a giant fly swatter on hand all the time. 

And how about those messages that pop up over and over,  asking ‘does your place have a stove (even tho it was added to amenities upon listing two years ago). YES,  for the MILLIONTH TIME, YES!! Why ask if you’re not going to record the answer?? 🙄😫

@Colleen253  I just love my dashboard To Do list. (I haven't followed 87% of them, they tell me) They want me to add heat to my amenities. As if my guests are freezing in tropical Mexico..

They also want me to take long term bookings, turn on IB, take last minute reservations, take 1 night bookings, and unblock dates (as if they aren't blocked for a reason). It's a nice long list of things I'll never do.

@Sarah977 If a host wants to be successful, basically all they need to do is the opposite of whatever Airbnb tells them they must do, lol. 🙄

Matt682
Level 9
Hednesford, United Kingdom

@Sarah977 @Colleen253 

My two favourites on that screen are Airbnb suggesting that I add AirCon and a Swimming Pool… if I had them, I would have listed them, trust me. They really aren’t common in the UK so I doubt my business travellers are searching for them, despite what ABB says. But if I were to invest in them, do you know how much I’d have to charge in order to cover the cost of these “minor” home improvements?! Ridiculous. It used to bother me. Now I just laugh at them think the platform is being dumb.

@Sarah977 @Christine615 

Yep, great idea...... nup! 
I’m  waiting for a message that tells me to go to bed early as I have to clean tomorrow.... that might stop me watching an extra episode of something.

Nup! 

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Christine615  It's super annoying. As you say, a host who needs Airbnb to remind them to send their guests check-in info, or needs to be reminded 4 times that they have a guest checking in shouldn't be hosting.

Do guests get all these reminders- "Don't forget you have a booking with Sarah tomorrow",  to let the host know of their arrival time, to make sure not to arrive before check-in time, to make sure not to bring more guests than were booked for? 

No, I didn't think so.

Those reminders would be great, @Sarah977 . 

But...

I was a guest two weeks ago in Burlington, Ontario, for work. You know what message is still stuck on my dashboard? The message I received also by email? And through the app?

"Excited about your trip to Burlington? Post about it on social media!"

I'd be laughed off social media if I posted about how excited I was to be in Burlington.

No offense, Burlington. 

@Lawrene0  I would really like to know the names of the people at Airbnb who come up with this idiocy so I can post about them on social media 🙂

And thanks for reminding me not to miss out on exciting Burlington when I come up to Canada. I don't know how it could have slipped my mind to put on my bucket list.

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

Ugh @Christine615 I hate the Nanny State of Airbnb.

I fired a caretaker I had this winter who texted me, “Tell your guests to bring hats and gloves because it’s going to be cold next week.”

No, I’m not going to tell guests who booked a house in Maine in February to bring hats and gloves because it’s going to be cold.

And no, Airbnb, you don’t need to tell me to provide directions to my guests.  Believe it or not, I don’t expect them to teletransport to my house, so I send them driving directions long before you tell me to.

Christine, try again to turn off “reminders” but not “messages.”  If you leave email and push notifications checked under “reminders,” but turn off text messages, you shouldn’t get the annoying messages.  With everything under “messages” still turned on you should still receive all the important stuff.