Sint Maarten: BLUE DREAM Villa / Blue Paradise Villa

JacklynandVincent0
Level 1
Hartsville, SC

Sint Maarten: BLUE DREAM Villa / Blue Paradise Villa

After sending a reservation request (Blue Dream Villa @ $567.00 per night), Marie responded within 30 minutes to my inbox. She gave us information about the property, the whole nine. However, for some reason, she let my request expire. Then, when I went back on to reserve it, and it wasn't available. So, I started my search over again. And low and behold, my original property shows up as an available 4bdrm @ $650.00 per night (as Blue Paradise Villa). Interesting. I don't know Marie. But this kind of stinks. I know you want to make money but are we not adhering to what is printed anymore?

Blue Dream Villa.PNGBlue Paradise Villa.PNGJust giving you folks my 2 cents.  

10 Replies 10
Helen350
Level 10
Whitehaven, United Kingdom

These are two DIFFERENT properties, @JacklynandVincent0 !

Blue Dream villa sleeps 6, in  3 bedrooms & has 3.5 baths. And 8 previous reviews.

Blue Paradise villa sleeps 8, in 4 bedrooms & has 4.5 baths. And 5 previous reviews.

If your enquiry re Blue Dream was not accepted, could it be that someone else got there just before you, and the host took their booking rather than yours? (Or that the host just preferred them; hosts can choose who to rent to, it does not have to be first come first served.)

If 'the same' villa then appeared in a search as more expensive, it will be because it was actually a different villa; a bigger one that sleeps 8, not 6?????

How can a property be available to request if the dates are available? If it's not available, it won't let you request. And that is not the same property Helen. Look closely.

When you send in a request with available dates, it is possible that others have requested at the same time! When your request was pending, the host may have been considering 10 applicants?!

Yes, not the same property, most likely! - Two different properties, one for 6 & one for 8! Of course the 8 bed costs more!

I don't  see what your problem is!

- Can you STILL send a request for the cheaper, 6 bed Blue Dream??? Are the dates free on the calendar? If so, try again to book.... If this listing is not showing, then someone must have booked it whilst you were enquiring! (I've had 2x enquiries for the same dates, & had to choose which guest I prefer!)

Helen350
Level 10
Whitehaven, United Kingdom

..... I'm not sure whether we are talking about two completely different buildings next door to each other, or the same villa, one 4 bed/8 guests, and the other with only 3 rooms/6 guests available? - Either way, it explains the price difference!

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@JacklynandVincent0  As Helen points out, those are 2 different listings.

But was it a request you sent or an inquiry? If it was an inquiry, hosts only have to answer inquiries, they don't have to either pre-approve or decline them, as they are just a way for guests to ask questions without committing to a booking. So if you just asked a question which she answered, she might not have known for sure whether you still wanted to book it. And if she got a request or Instant Book after she answered you, that takes precedence over an inquiry.

If you sent an actual booking request, considering how quickly she answered your message, I can't say why she wouldn't have either accepted or declined, letting it expire. Maybe it was just an oversight.

... and if it was an oversight and the host didn't accept or decline your request, then those dates are blocked by Airbnb and nobody, not even you can book it anymore.

The only way you can book it now is to look for the same villa on other platforms like VRBO , Booking com or to find their own website if they have it.

@Branka-and-Silvia0  Is that a new thing? I missed replying to a request once within the 24 hours and it expired, but I messaged the guest after that and she was still able to book, the dates weren't blocked.

@Sarah977  I am not sure how it works now bc I am not hosting since last February but I remember reading about it  (I never tried) Quick search and I found this post from 2016

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/Expired-inquiry-or-booking-blocks-dates/td-p/79275

JacklynandVincent0
Level 1
Hartsville, SC

I stand corrected. Never mind folks

You're welcome @JacklynandVincent0 !

- Don't mess with us! - We'll tell ya! 

Hope you manage to book your dream vaccation! - Somewhere! 😊