Slave Cabin Rentals

Slave Cabin Rentals

How does an Organization talk about combating discrimination while at the same time renting out Slave cabins?

7 Replies 7
Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

Links ? @Jennifer3492 

Oh sorry.  Here you are:  https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/airbnb-slave-quarters-listing-tiktok/index.html

It was also in the Washington Post as well as a few other media sites, but this one includes the original Tiktok video.

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

not really quite sure what point you are trying to make @Jennifer3492 

A listing company can't be expected to check the history of every listing, Airbnb took the listing down when they were informed

Airbnb is rubbish at lots of things - but this is a non story - blame the previous owner

You don't understand the point I was trying to make?  If you know nothing of history, did you at least watch the video?  Especially the part where it says, "For those of you who don't get it".  This was clearly marked as a slave cabin and they may have taken that listing down, but there are still others that have not been.

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

no I don't - as I have already explained listing companies have little control over what properties are listed in terms of the heritage of the building

And at least I'm not patronising or full of assumptions ' If you know nothing of history, did you at least watch the video?' (or hiding behind an empty profile)

I understand as someone who has fought racism all my life  (and who is clearly not white)why such listings whether former slave cabins in the US or Israeli hosts with listings in occupied territories are unacceptable

if you know of other listings in former slave cabins then report them to airbnb/other listing companies that list them @Jennifer3492 

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Yep, just report them. This is the kind of press that Airbnb definitely does NOT want, so I am pretty sure they would be taking them down.

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom