So when are we all getting the email about our potential 25% refund Airbnb????

So when are we all getting the email about our potential 25% refund Airbnb????

Seems after reading some posts that some hosts have already received an email regarding the cancellation policy refund and the super host grant. Unfortunately even though I'm eligible for both I'm still waiting. Anyone else waiting???

43 Replies 43
David3267
Level 10
Torquay, United Kingdom

still waiting!

I received 9 emails regarding 9 reservations that this refund impacts.   That’s out of 40 or more cancellations that I’ve had.  They did not say when I would be getting the refund.

Kris116
Level 2
Amsterdam, Netherlands

and waiting..

Deirdre12
Level 8
Santa Monica, CA

I'm still waiting for my 25% refund.

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Yep, waiting for any contact regarding this and still waiting for any monies I'm due from any bookings, let alone the 25% of cancellation fees (not even showing up in the pending transactions). I wouldn't hold your breath, but I would contact Airbnb CS and get it in writing that you will be getting the compensation for cancellations.

The Superhost fund is by invitation only and I've not seen any explanation anywhere as to how Airbnb will decide who are the hosts 'most in need', so I wouldn't assume just because you qualify that you'll receive that magic golden ticket.

Paulette23
Level 3
Montreal, Canada

I contacted Airbnb on two separate occasions on this matter, and, typically, got two conflicting responses. The 25% refunds aren't just based on dates of booking and checkin but also date the guest(s) cancelled. One rep told me only one of my bookings qualified for the partial refund while another said none did. When I asked the exact sum and date I could expect the one refund, I was told to wait for someone to contact me.

As for the Superhost Relief Fund, the reps couldn't provide insight on whether I was personally eligible to apply.  I am to wait as Airbnb will contact me if I'm eligible. So no point in being proactive, it seems. 

interesting. i thought it was a more reliable thing...

Pai207
Level 3
Australia

When? When pigs fly...or, when hair grows on frogs.

Cabo-Platinum0
Level 3
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico

I have not received any info about the 25% Superhost Relief Fund and we've had almost $60K of cancellations.  We also had a guest check-in on March 28 and we still have not received payment.  I have called 3 times, submitted 2 support tickets and sent an email to our account rep trying to understand when we will get paid.  So far, I've been told they will "take care of it" and "be patient".  You can see one of my support communications below..... 

We need to make our voices heard and join together: https://www.change.org/p/airbnb-airbnb-breach-of-contract-class-action-lawsuit-violate-cancellation-... 

Screen Shot 2020-04-11 at 12.46.20 PM.png

Hi I have not receive anything 0$  I had for overr 10K cancel all with strict cancellation policy Im starting to think its not going to happend  they are very vague and it's not clear when or how we'll get the 25% refund I was very disappointed to see the update yesterday it didn't seem genuine the  20 second talk about the 25% refund for host and  the 25% seems to to be no longer  really 25%  peoples are struggling and they spent most of the time talking about experience giggling!!! WOW really!

This is so typical of their lack of support on anything more that mildly difficult.  

David3267
Level 10
Torquay, United Kingdom

agree, now very sceptical anything will be refunded.

Caroline257
Level 2
Queenstown, New Zealand

Still waiting on both!! 

Helen213
Level 10
New York, NY

I am still waiting too.  I contacted Customer service and got a list of all my cancellations and amounts so I can figure for myself the amount I am due under this "25%" of what you are due  at cancellation policy.  I asked when payment would come and the customer service rep had not clue what i was talking(or actually messaging) about.  I was forwarded to a supervisor who sent me a form message, a recap of the original vague promise.  I asked for dates and three days later I still haven't heard back.

I was forwarded