Special offer ‘malfunction’

Anne9971
Level 2
Cape Town, South Africa

Special offer ‘malfunction’

Hi, I’ve been trying for two days to send a Special Offer for a month’s stay and the system repeatedly makes a complete mess of the figures I send to the prospective guest - I’ve had to withdraw the offer about four times.

All the consultants I’ve spoken to assure me it’s a ‘technical problem’ and the ‘engineers are working on it’.

Meanwhile, I’m about to lose my guest…

Is anyone else having the same problem?

4 Replies 4

send the price qoute, ask to cancel and rebook right after you reprice that period. (Assuming IB is off)

Anne9971
Level 2
Cape Town, South Africa

Hi David, many thanks for your suggestion - I tried that but unfortunately it didn’t work.

I’m going to look at repricing the dates for the guest to book instead.

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Anne9971 

There is a bug in the special offer feature already for a long time period.

After you sent a special offer, you will see a mess when retrieving what you have sent.

But the guest will see the correct offer you have sent !

Indeed you can reprice the dates and askguest to book. But the there is a risk somebody else will book, especially when you use Instant Book.

Another method is:

Guest books the room as normal

After confirming  of the reservtion you can use the "change" option on the reservation to only amend the price in the change form. Guest will receive refund of price difference (Airbnb Service fees will also be recalculated).

Anne9971
Level 2
Cape Town, South Africa

Thank you Emiel, I will try sending it again and hope the guest sees the correct amount. I wonder why Airbnb doesn’t fix this though - and why none of the consultants I spoke to told me what you did!