Stocks IPO

Jaemee0
Level 1
Bakersfield, CA

Stocks IPO

are hosts allowed to buys stocks once Airbnb goes public? How do we get more info on that? 

19 Replies 19
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Jaemee0 

Buy ? We should have them for free !

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Emiel1 wrote:

More:

https://airbnb-ipo.net https://www.myccpay.life/

Thanks for that link. 

Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

@Jaemee0 by definition when a company goes public anyone can buy its stock. (I wouldn't.)

Paul1242
Level 2
Burnsville, NC

How many people got this same email stating you did not get the opportunity to buy IPO stock? I think this was done just like when they gave out money earlier this year. Friends of Airbnb got the opportunity for both of these findings so much for being a PARTNER.

My broker informed me that a client of hers, I believe more than one, received an option to buy. I have dug up all communication and have not seen any mention of the option to buy. 

I am interested though. 

We were dropped and given the silence treatment by AirBnB. 
On Nov 16 I received the email, I immediately filled out the form.  Dec 4th I received an unclear, wishy washy rejection letter.  Meanwhile others got to buy for a way lower price than the IPO price. AirBnB raised the initial price to $68. How much did the owners pay ?  Who is set to get rich off of this? They took care of themselves. 

And then they go on and on about the endowment fund in that same  letter.  That was the consolation prize? I found that offensive. 

Jimmy120
Level 2
Katy, TX

I did get an email about getting opportunity to buy stock at IPO price. Then the email also talked about an endowment too. It was really confusing.

THe first email said someone would contact us about buying stock. It is supposed to go public tomorrow and I haven't heard from anyone. 

Doesn't look like we will get to share in this. Most companies allows their folks to buy at entry price. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Airbnb doesn't allow it. 

Delia6
Level 4
Aptos, CA

@Jimmy120 

Hi Jimmy,

You would have had to follow the Airbnb prompts in the initial email by the deadline and set up a Morgan Stanley account in order to participate. Which I did and was allowed to purchase shares moments ago as a Superhost.

Delia

It isn’t that WE did not follow the directions. We were dropped and given the silence treatment by AirBnB. 
On Nov 16 I received the email, I immediately filled out the form.  Dec 4th I received an unclear, wishy washy rejection letter.  Meanwhile others got to buy for a way lower price than the IPO price. AirBnB raised the initial price to $68. How much did the owners pay ?  Who is set to get rich off of this? They took care of themselves. 

I never heard another word. No rejection, no option to buy...nothing after that initial email.

I filled out all that and followed the email but got a decline letter.

Alice1069
Level 1
Wilmington, NC

I followed the prompts and expressed interest within the time requested.  I meet the requirements but never heard anything more about this offer.  An update or explanation would have been nice.  Yes, we hosts are the foundation of the company.  We are rated on communication among other things.  Airbnb gets one star on this one.