Strange calls to my guests

Andy2459
Level 1
Eastbourne, United Kingdom

Strange calls to my guests

I am hosting two guests at the moment and on consecutive days they were called by "air BnB" and told to end their stay and leave immediately as the host may have broken some terms of service regulations.  I, the host, have not broken any regulations and dutifully rang the number that called them to find out what the problem was.  I was kept on hold for ages until eventually I spoke to somebody who couldn't enlighten me further but would pass it onto another department. Needless to say I have heard nothing.  I have also noticed that my listing has been opened with another of my email addresses, one which I seldom use. So it seems I have two lots of listings. I've changed my password twice, tried but was unable to delete this mystery new listing and am left totally confused. HELP!

3 Replies 3
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Andy2459 How weird! I assume the guests are happy to ignore these calls. Do the guests have any reviews? Sometimes Airbnb implies its a host issue when actually its a guest issue.

Do keep us posted

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Andy2459 FYI your listings appears to have been suspended. Were you aware of this?

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Andy2459  What it sort of sounds like is that someone has hacked your Airbnb account with the email address you rarely use and created a duplicate listings which may have been reported to Airbnb as a scam. If you can access that duplicate account, check the payout information on it- it may have been changed to direct payments to a scammer's account.

Unfortunately there's nothing anyone on this discussion forum can do to help you with all this- you're just going to have to work with Airbnb to get to the bottom of it.