Strange string of request

Strange string of request

I recently started getting a string of some strange reservation requests. It’s always start like that: “ I see on your picture you have multiple couches in this room.” Or “ I see you mention a dog in your listing” or “ I read you are not allowing to use the bathroom” I’m slowly getting upset, is this a new scam ? Because there clearly no multiple couches on my listings, I only host 1 person in this room, I also don’t have pets and I also don’t tell people when to use the restroom, indeed I think everyone is entitled to use the bathroom as much the want too. What is this about this type of texting? When people claim to see or read something in your listing but it’s not true? Why are they doing it? I never had this before. It’s also upsetting and quiet scary to accept a guest if they read or see something what not there. As if they are trying me to proof to them something. And it starts always the same way. When I ask them to show me the passage or copy paste the picture they are reading or seeing this not existing things, they cannot do that but go on with that talk. I must be honest it’s very upsetting. It’s scary because the guest could tell you said to them something what you didn’t, they can accuse you of not delivering something you did. I just don’t want to keep up with this type of made up accusation and things, constantly being on edge to proof that I don’t and I haven’t. And why are those so many requests in this manners? That must be a scam 

15 Replies 15
Normen0
Level 10
Canada

@Elisabeth40 It could also be that the guest has looked at several listings, one of which has some bathroom rules or photos of couches and has mistaken your place for those places.  I just recently had an inquiry and she was adamant that the price was half of what it was because she saw it there on the listing and couldn't understand why she would be charged so much.  Eventually while communicating she found the listing with the cheaper price and apologized that she had confused our listing with that one.  At the end of the day our place wasn't available for the one night she wanted anyway.  Complete waste of time.  

I too, like to pass on these folks who are poor communicators.   At 5:30 this morning I received a message from a current guest who complained it was so hot and could I please turn on the air conditioning.  She has been there two nights and I told her via AIRBNB messaging when she arrived where the thermostat was, that she could turn The A/C on if needed (as it hadn't been warm) but to close all the windows.  FFS.  This is the third communication with her in two days because she hasn't read the information I gave her.  Wish I had gone with my gut on this one from the beginning and declined.