Superhost Evaluation Timeline - 2019 Q4

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Superhost Evaluation Timeline - 2019 Q4

Superhost 1.pngHello everyone,

Happy New Year to you all. 

As we enter into a new year of hosting, I’m pleased to say we have also reached the next Superhost assessment. We will evaluate your past year’s performance up until January 1st 2020 to determine your Superhost status, which will appear on your profile for the next 3 months. 

To recap, how will this work:

• Every hosts’ performance will be reviewed between January 1st - 14th, 2020. It can take up to 14 days to account for reviews written towards the end of the month as we calculate Superhost status.

• You will receive an email confirming your new Superhost status between January 7th - 14th! (So remember to keep an eye out)

• As a reminder, we calculate Superhost status based on a set of criteria, looking back at your past year of hosting activity. There’s no minimum tenure required for becoming a Superhost. 

*Please note, during this time, you may see your dashboard update to the next Superhost 365-day window, which will be assessed in April 2020. If you see this, please don’t worry. Though we track your activity dynamically, we will only be looking at your performance from January 1, 2019 through January 1, 2020 for the assessment that’s happening now.

A huge thank you for all your hard work throughout the year, we wish you a great year of hosting and do let us know if you have any questions.

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

92 Replies 92

@@Susan17  thanks for the clarification about @Lizzie and who she works for.

Having said that i wasn't asking her to resolve an issue only to clarify the the very information she posted which she should be capable of doing or perhaps not be posting about it.

Lizzie and the other mods are doing the very best job they can @Wendy684, under difficult circumstances. It's not their job to know the ins and outs of Airbnb policies, and all their discrepancies (which even many full-time, long term hosts aren't clued up on) - and they can only come back with answers, when they can manage to get the answers themselves.

Your best bet is to just try calling CX yourself. 

@Susan17     Makes sense re: outsourcing to Standing on Giants , esp. in accounting for the fact that every Airbnb support person I have ever spoken to has no idea this community forum exists.

@Wendy684 About Lizzie, I just read the footer below on one of Lizzie’s recent posts.  She may respond when she is back on the 10th.

-------------------

I am away from the Community Center until Jan 10th, looking forward to speaking with you when I return. 🙂 

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hiya @Wendy684 ,

As @Susan17 , @Sarah977 and @Pat271  describe, @Lizzie is taking her only time off from the Christmas period but is back in tomorrow. 

You can also reach myself and @Quincy who work on this English speaking CC - it's fine to @ mention all three of us when you need something! 

In the meantime, I'm going to reach out for some answers for you and will share as soon as I have them in hand.

Thanks,

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Themba7
Level 2
Randburg, ZA

Do we need to host for more than a year to be superhosts? We have been hosting for 5 months and have a rating of 5. 

Your tenure hosting with Airbnb isn’t among the requirements. I received “Superhost” status within 3 months of hosting.

Wow!

@Themba7  I don't see any listing at all under your profile. Is it under another profile? I was checking to see how many reviews you had, as Superhost isn't just based on your rating, there are other factors, like whether you have had at least 10 bookings in the assessment period. Of course, not every guest might have left a review, so it's not a foolproof way of seeing how many bookings you've had, but I was trying to see if you've had at least 10.

@Themba7 

Nope. Hosts can (and many do) become a "superhost" in less than a fortnight, by hosting 10 bookings, across 10 single nights, despite Airbnb's disingenuous claims that "Superhosts are experienced hosts who provide a shining example for other hosts, and extraordinary experiences for their guests"

@Sarah977 she has 24. But only 6 prior to October. I can see her listing and reviews just fine 🙂 I expect she will get Super host this assessment period

@Themba7  I believe you should get Super host this assessment as you have 24 reviews and 5 star overall. The only thing I think that would prevent it is if you had cancelled a stay at any point. Then you cannot be Super host for a year of my understanding.

At the October assessment date it looks like you had 6 reviews. It is hard to know if they amounted to 10 nights or not so that could be why not Super host then. 

Hope that helps.

Helen350
Level 10
Whitehaven, United Kingdom

@Wendy684 You need 10 BOOKINGS in the last year (plus the other factors) for SH. 6 bookings totaling 10 nights or more would not qualify. 🙂

Jannike0
Level 2
Oslo, NO

I seriously doubt that any Airbnb representatives reads these comments. Nor do anything with our frustrations over the review system. 

Christine1081
Level 4
Humboldt, TN

I'd say we all have stories to tell on hosting. I've had the low ratings from someone who saw bears on my property two days in a row. Let me assure you there are no bears here. airbnb would not remove the rating. This woman obviously had psychological issues. Well it took a while but I got everything back up. I love the badge but know it is not the only thing that people look for. I do encourage all new folks in the system to look for superhosts the first round until they get comfortable with the systems. 

Christine Warrington