Superhost requirements

Superhost requirements

I pulled my house for the months of Jan and Feb to build a porch on our house and repaint and freshen. Will this downtime affect my superhost status?

10 Replies 10
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Rachel2099  As long as you have at least 10 bookings in the 365 days prior to the April 1st assessment, you will retain Superhost status.

So then I should be okay this coming April? Screenshot_20220326-162852_Airbnb.jpg

Sorry about the double post.. First time I am using this part of Abnb

Thank you for your answering I have searched high and low about having down time on our house. We are still doing work on it and it is hard when people are there lol. I am sure they would hate construction work while they stay there 🙂

@Rachel2099  Those are the number of stays you see as of today. What you would need to do is count up how many stays you have had from March 31, 2021 until April 1st, 2022, as it's based on the previous 365 days before the assessment date, as I mentioned.

You'll probably have more than enough, showing 44 bookings as of today. 

The first time I rented the house was on hipcamp and that was on 3/22/2021 The first time I rented on Abnb was exactly a year ago 3/272021.  I appreciate your help. It is kinda confusing and nothing really explains it on the help site

The house stays rented pretty much every weekend during the summer because of being on a lake. I am hoping I do as well this year as I did last year. I am thinking gas prices may ground boats

M199
Level 10
South Bruce Peninsula, Canada

@Rachel2099 

We are seasonal April to October, since we started in Sep 2019 we have been able to maintain our Superhost status since Oct 2021 and have identical ratings to yourself, except for cancellation rate.  What boggles my mind is that I had to cancel 1 guest June 2021 and will now lose SH because of the 1 guest.  1 of 56 (current rating 4.98) therefore more than 1% cancellation rate. And, no, Airbnb did not honor the 3 free cancellations.  I wasn't  penalized for the cancellation, but am being penalized as a SH.

Be cautious.

@Sybe 

That sucks.. so far I have never had to cancel.i had a guest ask me to do it but I told them that they had to do the canceling.  Was your cancelation due to your mistake or the guest? Just curious

M199
Level 10
South Bruce Peninsula, Canada

@Rachel2099 

It was a 1 night request to book for a woman and her  3 kids. 4 people is our maximum.  Her booking message was "i gotta get my kids out of here" .  Her exact quote.  I should not have accepted, being newer, I thought it was ok and wanted to be nice and give an opportunity.  She then wanted to bring 2 nieces  exceeding our maximum.  I told her "no" and suggested that she cancel and find more appropriate accommodation.  Her response was "well, I'll think about it and let you know".  I cancelled more than 45 days in advance.

I do not put up with that kind of attitude, especially for 1 night  so I cancelled.  My mistake, (live and learn), is that I cancelled, whereas I should have contacted Airbnb for a neutral cancellation based on request to breach house rules.

Ultimately, my mistake and a very good learning experience that I will pay for dearly.