Superhost

Answered!
Micheline76
Level 2
Coursegoules, France

Superhost

Hello AirBnB-community, We've just been granted the superhost status. My question to you: has this feature made a big difference in attracting customers? Thank you for your answers. Enjoy your day, Micheline #superhost

1 Best Answer
Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Micheline76,

I don't think most guests care if a place is hosted by a Superhost, and few use the Superhost search filter, because it can greatly reduce number of listing in the search return.  Most guests don't think that a listing/host with a 4.79 rating is bad, Superhost it's just an Airbnb carrot put before hosts to incent them to perform at a certain level To me these are usually the top search and selection criteria:

1. Location - country, city/town/village, neighborhood
  2. Price
  3. Size/the number of persons it can accommodate
  4. Amenities - are the minimum desired items listed
  5. Transportation to the rental, and to getting around
  6. Reviews - other guests' experiences can be the deciding factor whether to book or not

View Best Answer in original post

13 Replies 13
Andrea6232
Level 10
Bergamo, Italy

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Your place is stunning @Andrea6232 I love Venice and now you've motivated me to book another trip . Would love to stay at your listing . 

Ciao @Helen3 , thank you very much! You are welcome at my house in Venice! 😀

Thank you for your answer, Andrea.

Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Micheline76,

I don't think most guests care if a place is hosted by a Superhost, and few use the Superhost search filter, because it can greatly reduce number of listing in the search return.  Most guests don't think that a listing/host with a 4.79 rating is bad, Superhost it's just an Airbnb carrot put before hosts to incent them to perform at a certain level To me these are usually the top search and selection criteria:

1. Location - country, city/town/village, neighborhood
  2. Price
  3. Size/the number of persons it can accommodate
  4. Amenities - are the minimum desired items listed
  5. Transportation to the rental, and to getting around
  6. Reviews - other guests' experiences can be the deciding factor whether to book or not

Thank you Debra,  for your answer.

Good insight thx @Debra300 !

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

@Micheline76 Your profile says you're a guest not a host - do you have someone else managing your listing ? 

I see I logged in via my guest profile. I will fix that. Kindly visit our AirBnB listing, a wooden cabin in the forest of Vence, Côte d'Azur, South of France:
https://www.airbnb.nl/rooms/771006181939369837?s=67&unique_share_id=34b5c67c-a92a-4246-a9a4-55ca0d2c...

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Micheline76 There is no way of telling if Superhost status attracts more bookings. Yes the stats say Superhosts do better on occupancy and rates but does the 'badge' really make a difference?

Bob297
Level 10
Bilthoven, Netherlands

@Micheline76 
It depends on how much competition you have in your area.
When I look for an accommodation (including location, bedrooms, etc) and get 300 results, I sometimes use superhost as an extra filter.
I use that as a first resumé of all the reviews.
The first 5 pictures are more important

Thank you, Bob, for the great tips.

Mark4445
Level 3
Aurora, CO

I usually book long-term (4 weeks or more). I won't book a listing that is not hosted by a Superhost. No one I know does. People who use Airbnb extensively pay close attention to the designation.