Superhost

Layla34
Level 2
Dubai, United Arab Emirates

Superhost

Dear Airbnb Community :

Im fairly new to the Airbnb business and only ben there for a year . I had very smooth transactions and very good reviews as I was very keen on provide a high class services .

Every complete reservation that was made had great reviews and ratings and compliments for taking extra care of little details .

I was aiming for my super host status which due to the below recent incident not granted to me :

The case was for a guest that has confirmed a booking on the same day of a checkout . I usually keep a room of 3 hours for doing the cleaning service between a checkin / check out . I informed the guest of that and she agreed to that checkin will be late to give room for cleaning .

However on that day and for some unforseen reaons I had the cleaning services company coming late and I informed the guest and applogised for the inconvenience . When she mentioned that she has already arrived , I informed her out of courtesy that she can still go checkin and maybe leave her luggage and spend time on beautifull swimming pool deck until the cleaning was over .

She did self checkin , and decided to leave and go around the area untill the cleaning was over , when she came back she started .

The cleaners had the apprtment cleaned fully but unfortuntely they left some unwashed towels ( although there was replacment as I have several sets of clean and fresh towels ) .

She went and starting opoening all the cupboards where I store my own stuff ( as this not a purely hotel room ) and I get to keep my own stuff in the appartment suck as grocery items which I leave even for the use for guests if they wish .

I applogized for inconvenience caused  and told her I will get the cleaners come again to resolve what ever she had highlighted. ( the cleaners company belongs to my partner and I could easily verify if there was real issues and I could have sent them immediately to resolve that matter ) but she didn’t give me a chance to do so .She simply said she was leaving and cacnelling the booking since she could have had a better deal closer to city center with fraction of the price .

Few days later ,I realize she didn’t cancel the booking and sent me a note after her booked days were over that she is expecting a refund, I mentioned that she havent cancelled the booking on Airbnb which is why I had asumed she continued the stay . She said no she had left already .

I asked why is itthat you didn’t cancel the booking on Airbnb ? she claimed she didn’t know she had to cancel it on Airbnb and she just sent me the note to cancel that.

It was pretty clear that she had another booking that she had wanted to replace with mine due to the promixity to city center and when she discovered my place waas a little far away and at the ouskirts of the city which is not very convenient if you don’t  have a car .

After over a month and around the 27th of Feb she raises a case with Airbnb support team and they simply decided to refund her the full amount of her stay and although I sent all my justifications and my side of the story , they simply made a decission that this was a cleanliness violation.

Although the case was only reported one month later to Airbnb and not as per their instructions to ahave it reported within 24 hours so that they will veriify the actual problem !!!

Not knowing that this will hurt my superhost status , I had accepted the decision made by Airbnb although was completely disappointed with how unfair they have treated my case .

Now I lost my superhost status coz im flaged as I have once canclleation by host . This goes without saying that all my previous efforts and great reviews and ratings are all wiped out because of one single case which doesn’t qualify me to the supoer host status .

Eventually and because I meet all other criteria for the Superhost relief that’s being granted by Airbnb , I would not be eligible for claiming due to my super host status .

Can someone help explain this to me ????  How do you simply treat your hosts this way not evern considering their part of the story and if I had someone verified this with me on the spot of the incident I would clearly work on resolving that immieadtely . But no one did since the sae case was only reported and attended to a month later !!

0 Replies 0