Support representative dos not help but supended the listing while he's away from work

Ted373
Level 2
Cleveland, OH

Support representative dos not help but supended the listing while he's away from work

I had to cancel a reservation because the guest broke the house rules.

I was assigned a support ambassador named Alex, who kept repeating the prompts and did not help in any way. Luckily when I called in with a request and proof that I had a valid reason for the cancellation I had another person handle it and managed to get it cancelled.

I have promptly sent the proof of damage and invoice and receipts and for two weeks Alex has contacted me to tell me he leaving for two days every other day and that he will contact me upon return. He has suspended the listing until the account is settled and is only emailing me in the middle of the night to tell me he'll be gone.

I have called cust service a couple times, asked for a different rep to take over the case, was told they will document the acc but that the only person that can contact me is the one I asked to be taken of the case.

Talk about a system of checks and balances, I have never been so frustrated in my life. And I handled for over 20 years all kind of situations and issues in the corporate world but never did I feel so helpless.

I will try to contact corporate and I am documenting everything for my legal counsel because I intend to make sure the lost revenue will be reimbursed.

If anybody has any similar experience or advice please feel free to chime in.

4 Replies 4
Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

Hi @Ted373 , I'm so sorry to hear about this. Did you hear back from the CS representative in the meantime?

Please let us know how you get on with this!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Hi Sybe, maybe you can help me out. The date the booking that was cancelled due to guest's behavior was March 6. I have sent a list of damages and documentation to the Airbnb rep the same day. The grand total is under 1k USD so nothing earthshaking. I have not heard back from the rep Alex.

Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

Hi @Ted373 , I don't have access to any of the files or info myself but I can send a push to the team for them to look into it and hopefully they'll come back with an answer soon.

I'll let you know as soon as I have any updates on my side.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Ted373
Level 2
Cleveland, OH

Hi Sybe, I am learning my way around the community center so I just now realized you replied to the post. The Airbnb rep only replies back before he leaves for two days and it is usually between 12:30am and 2am EST so there is no way I can have a timely reply. I just emailed him back today so we'll see what happens. From somebody with corporate experience I was surprised that he advised me that there is nobody above him and he can't really forward my complaint to anybody. You would think there would be a system of checks and balances.