Suspended Account Without Communication from Airbnb

Jenn5795
Level 2
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Suspended Account Without Communication from Airbnb

My account has been suspended without any communication from Airbnb since yesterday. I have called Customer Service over 10 Times within the last 30 Hours and each person will not help. Just says nothing they can do. Currently one of my listings has a guest and I'm unable to send any messages on the Airbnb platform to assist the guest. I called Airbnb to see if they could help the guest and they said that they couldn't assist them either. 

3 Replies 3
Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

@Jenn5795 A quick read of this forum will tell you that you are not alone. Listing suspensions just like yours have become an epidemic. They won’t give you any information usually, and you just have to wait it out and hope it doesn’t last long. Have you had any disgruntled guests recently who may have made a complaint against you, even if bogus?

Hopefully you save your guest phone numbers and can call or text if needed. 

@Colleen253  - I put in an Aircover request for damages due to a guest throwing a party at my space. I have had no communication with the guest. Only thing I can think of. First time I have had to use the new Aircover system and this is what I get for reporting a guest. I have been a superhost for over 2 years now and have 3 listings.

@Jenn5795 That would be it then. The guest may have retaliated with some bogus complaint. Or perhaps a neighbor may have made a complaint re the party. The language in the policy says “If we receive reports that a listing is disrupting the surrounding community, we may request that the Host update their rules or suspend the listing.”

https://www.airbnb.ca/help/article/2704/party-and-events-policy

They will not assign any resources to ‘investigate’. They just suspend instead. Wait it out is all you can do. Might only be a week or so.