Suspicious guest, they moved backyard security camera downward.

Suspicious guest, they moved backyard security camera downward.

Hi,

My recent guest was very suspicious,  he walk around my backyard with a torch seems they looking for something. he also moved my backyard security camera downward. 

where do I need to raise this issue? please advice.

1 Reply 1
Kate867
Level 10
Canterbury, United Kingdom

@Noorul-Hassan0   This is a really tricky one because guests are not supposed to interfere with cameras.  However, Airbnb have very strict rules with regards to these and they do need to be clearly disclosed within your listing along with location and when they are active.  Having looked at your listing it would seem that although you have noted that cameras are present you have not provided any other details.  The following Link will give you more information on how to do this.

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/help/article/2914/informing-guests-about-security-devices

Airbnb take undisclosed cameras very seriously indeed and many hosts have had their listings suspended pending clarification when guests have complained.  On this occasion I think you would probably be better off not confronting the guest about this as you might find yourself in a bit of trouble if they complain to Airbnb.

In the meantime, I strongly recommend that you read the link and make the necessary adjustments to your listing.