Suspicious inquiries in North NJ (Union City)

Carlos3074
Level 2
Jersey City, NJ

Suspicious inquiries in North NJ (Union City)

Hi all, over the past few weeks, I have started getting similar reservations requests from guests asking about the noise policy. The requests are for 3-4 night stays and most if not all are from guests who live in New York. Just wondering if anyone else in the area has been getting similar inquiries. Thanks.

1 Reply 1

@Carlos3074  I can't  speak about the specific trends in your area, but in recent press Airbnb has been reporting a big surge in users booking stays within comfortable driving distance from home, as opposed to long-distance/international travel. See here: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-06-07/airbnb-joins-vacation-rental-sites-seeing-surge-i...

In light of that, hosts around the world should probably expect a larger portion of their bookings this year to be from guests within the local region than they were used to before the pandemic. But people asking about the noise policy is usually a sign that they're planning a party. This would be a good time to clarify your rules concerning noise as well as unregistered guests, and consider security features that would help you enforce them.