Technical Issues with Listing Description

Lauren285
Level 2
Texas, United States

Technical Issues with Listing Description

I am trying to edit part of my listing description. In particular, Guest Access and Other Things to note. It won't let me make changes. Have been trying off and on for weeks. I have tried reducing characters, deleting entirely, changing browsers, rebooting computer and more. Submitted a ticket but never received a call-back.

Anyone else have this or know a work around?  

16 Replies 16
Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Lauren285  I'm having the same problem - I haven't been able to update my listings for a couple of weeks.  I need to make changes because the state's Covid and travel guidelines have changed, but it's been impossible.  @Nick @Stephanie @Liv  can one of you alert the techies to this and see if it can be fixed?  

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thank you @Lauren285 and @Ann72 for bringing this to our attention, and I'm sorry you are experiencing it. I've reached out to the team with the details and will update you as soon as I have any information on the matter.

Thanks!

@Nick  Thank you!   Now I have an update for you.  I WAS able to make changes.  But my listing does not show as "recently updated."  I rewrote virtually the whole listing and - NOTHING.  It still says it was updated in April.

I note that a review or a booking makes a listing show as "recently updated."  BUT NOT ANY OF THE CHANGES A HOST MAKES TO A LISTING.

If control of our listing is to be taken away from us to this extent, I'm happy to head over to VRBO and let them set everything up for me.  I'm booked well into the fall so it will give me time to get everything set up over there.  

@Ann72  you are right, I edited my listing and it's still showing as I edited 4 days ago

@Branka-and-Silvia0 @Nick I'm very, very curious to know if hosts' updates to their listings are no longer counted toward updating a listing.  

Lauren285
Level 2
Texas, United States

Still having issues. As a side note, it says "something went wrong, please try again"  See screen shot. 

In addition, when I called Airbnb Customer Service, the rep said someone would get back to me. It's been many weeks. 

Screen Shot 2021-05-26 at 10.59.28 AM.png

@Lauren285  Calling Airbnb is the worst way to try to get answers and should only be used for emergency situations, IMO. They are notorious for never phoning back. Better to use their message/chat function to try to work out glitchy tech stuff.

Lauren285
Level 2
Texas, United States

Was on the phone again yesterday with customer service. Said it was a known issue and should be fixed soon. Any updates? 

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Nick thank you for working some magic - I worked on my listings today and they all show "updated today." 

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Still got it 🧙🏻‍😉 @Ann72 - thank you for giving me an update, glad to see it's fixed

Is everything working smoothly now from your end also @Lauren285 ?

Oh you do @Nick - plus your emoji game is on point!

Kathy59
Level 3
Buckhorn, Canada

@Lauren285 @Nick To add insult to injury, I have tried to post this twice and keep getting an error message, try again.  Grrrr.

I can't find my Listing Description on the page prospective guests view.  I can edit it on the edit page, but such an important information is not visible to guests.  Odd, and SO confusing for guests.  That and the fact I have to say it is a ROOM where it is really a very large suite, consisting of 2 large rooms, hallway, washroom and deck.  There is no option to say suite.  I am constantly asked, is it only a room for 6 of us??

@Kathy59  Which of your listings are you trying to edit? The first one I can see the listing description, on another I can't.

I'm not sure why you are having to list it as a room. There are lots of listings which say private suite. For it to be a private suite, it has to have its own entrance. 

Kathy59
Level 3
Buckhorn, Canada

Hi Sarah @Sarah977 , Thanks for having a look!  I have four listings (two actually are single rooms).

My B&B Beach Suite and also Boathouse Loft don't seem to have the Listing Description.  

I can't find where I can choose private suite, even checked while I had an AirBnB rep online, she said it would have to be Room.  Tried listing with various type choices.