The host referral system

Answered!
Rene120
Level 2
Pretoria, South Africa

The host referral system

Is the host referral system currently working? If so, how can I refer a friend who has just started hosting?

1 Best Answer
Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

If she's already put up her listing, @Rene120, it's too late.  If she hasn't, you can do it by going to the dropdown menu in the upper right corner of any hosting page and scrolling down to "Refer a Host."  It's right under "Add a new listing."  Your friend has to start her listing from your link.  If she doesn't, you won't get the credit.

View Best Answer in original post

5 Replies 5
Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

If she's already put up her listing, @Rene120, it's too late.  If she hasn't, you can do it by going to the dropdown menu in the upper right corner of any hosting page and scrolling down to "Refer a Host."  It's right under "Add a new listing."  Your friend has to start her listing from your link.  If she doesn't, you won't get the credit.

Rene120
Level 2
Pretoria, South Africa

Thanks a lot for your detailed and quick reply, @Ann72.  

Rene120
Level 2
Pretoria, South Africa

I can unfortunately not see the option to "Refer a host", @Ann72 . I tried to do a screen grab, but are not allowed to upload images here. The option I have right under "Add a new listing" are "Host an experience", followed by "Switch to travelling". Will appreciate more assistance.  

@Rene120 try this link Refer Hosts (airbnb.com). It should take you to your personalized links. 

However... there was someone on here last week who said they had referred someone and not gotten the credit, and they were told the program was closed when they called Airbnb for information. I can't find anything about it online. If you're concerned, I would call Airbnb or message them on Twitter @airbnbhelp for clarification. 

Referral and Ambassador Terms and Conditions - Airbnb Help Center

I've referred a number of people and never received anything. There are a lot of loopholes on a good day. 

Hi @Rene120 - sorry to be so late getting back to you, but here's a screen shot where I'm seeing "Refer a Host" on my dropdown:

Screen Shot 2021-05-18 at 3.30.07 PM.png

However, the link @Alexandra316 provided below works exactly the same way as the link above.

"A lot of loopholes on a good day" - definitely 🤣🤣🤣