There is another person's account associated with a phone number that is now mine

There is another person's account associated with a phone number that is now mine

Recently I changed phone operators and phone numbers. When I went to change the phone number associated with my AirBNB account to my new one I was told I could not due to the new number being associated with another person's account. I would like to request that AirBNB try to contact this person and see if they can update their account to no longer have this (my new) phone number and I can use my new number with my account. I regularly receive texts addressed to this person on my new number. I should say my old number will no longer be associated with me for much longer. What can I do?

2 Replies 2
Kate867
Level 10
Canterbury, United Kingdom

@Andrew2752   Unless you had a really good reason to change numbers it might have made more sense to get a pac code and take your old number to your new provider.  It may still be possible to do this so it might be worth contacting your new operator.  Even if Airbnb do contact the previous owner of your number they cannot make them change or update their details.

https://www.paccodes.co.uk/

Helen744
Level 10
Victoria, Australia

@Andrew2752 look above . How to contact Airbnb and contact them again .H