To Northern NJ Hosts, wondering if anyone has an unfurnished-not yet furnished dog-friendly Airbnb?

Will2584
Level 1
South Orange, NJ

To Northern NJ Hosts, wondering if anyone has an unfurnished-not yet furnished dog-friendly Airbnb?

Greetings NNJ hosts,

So, here's the situation. For some months now, I've been seeking a pet-friendly (Amstaff) 1-2BR apt/house to rent. Finding such housing as well as some other factors has made this journey very challenging. We've been in different lodgings, and moving from place to place is both tiring and expensive. Thus, it came to me recently that there may be a host with such a property that they've not yet made the expense to furnish. I've seen in other Airbnb posts around the country that there have been hosts who've mentioned such an idea of listing an unfurnished dwelling, but none that are or have been recently in NJ. There's been some dissuasion by some members about it because of the short-term nature of the ABB platform, while others have supported such hosts and reminded them to merely be transparent about the amenities, or lack thereof. At the moment, there isn't yet such a dedicated platform I know of which offers such a "service." Nevertheless, if we could find a long-term (6-12 months) a large 1BR or smaller 2BR home/apt/ADU/guest house/etc. unfurnished dwelling, that is dog-friendly, that'd be amazing. If there were an outdoor space as well, it could almost be perfection. The areas of NJ we're looking to in no order of preference are Essex, Hudson, Union, Bergen counties. We're open to anyone that has some other positive suggestions or information to contribute. Thanks

1 Reply 1
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Airbnb isn't a platform for unfurnished rentals. If that's what you are looking for, are there not standard routes like rental platforms or estate agents that you could contact as you are looking for a long term unfurnished rental.

I find it hard to believe there are no platforms in New York that advertise 6 month - one year rentals @Will2584