Unblock previously blocked user

Sunny-Pad0
Level 2
Cluj-Napoca, Romania

Unblock previously blocked user

Did anyone have to unblock a user and can tell me how to do it?

I've recently flagged a scamming message asking me to communicate outside airbnb, but I blocked the user before answering his inquiry. So, although I denied his request, the algorithms kept prompting me to answer or I will lose my perfect 100% response rate. I could not find a way to unblock the user, so no message that I sent him got delivered. As a result, my response rate dropped to 50% (he was my only request in the last 30 days, because our listing was snoozed until two weeks ago) and my response time dropped as well. An airbnb assistant told me to check the message thread on the phone app and unblock the user from there, but there was no unblocking option.

Can anyone advise?

Thank you,

Mihaela / Sunny Pad

2 Replies 2
Peter2668
Level 2
Tampa, FL

Got into the same trap as you. 15+ inquiries and I did not respond but blocked the user. Wrong turn. I think it's a new way to lower your search ranking by the competition.

@Peter2668  Nope. It's a known scam that has been making the rounds. Been reported here by many hosts. It has anything to do with the "competition"- it's been worldwide and are bot-generated, coming from criminals trying to run a stolen credit card scam.

Search ranking has very little or nothing to do with response or acceptance rate.