Unexpected payout

Answered!
Penni18
Level 2
Bonita, CA

Unexpected payout

A recent reservation had to cancel within 3 hours of the initial contact.

She apologized and asked if I had Venmo so she could send me a 'Thank You'.

I told her, I did not have it and not to worry about it.  I wished her a great

time with her family and thought no more about it.  Now, I have a payout

from her for $72.75.  I have no idea how or why because she never stayed

with us.  What happened?    Please let me know if this has been your

experience.  thanks,  Penni

Penni
1 Best Answer

@Penni18  So you got what you are entitled to under your flexible policy- she apparently cancelled within 24 hrs of check-in, so you got the first night paid in full and 50% of the following nights. Does that correspond to your payout?

5 Replies 5
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Penni18 The cancellation policy will have been applied if she booked within 14 days of travel. This could be the money you are seeing. Alternatively she may have used the resolution centre to send money but that is unlikely for a non round number sum.

You could ask her and you could use the resolution centre to return the money to her.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Penni18  You would have gotten a payout because of the terms of your cancellation policy. Which you are entitled to keep regardless of whether the guest stayed or not. 

What is your cancellation policy?

Flexible.   

Penni

@Penni18  So you got what you are entitled to under your flexible policy- she apparently cancelled within 24 hrs of check-in, so you got the first night paid in full and 50% of the following nights. Does that correspond to your payout?

Yes.  Thank you.  We are brand new hosts and I was not familiar with the  procedure. I sent it back to her.   Maybe she will book with us again.   Thank you, Sarah for taking the time to help me out.

Penni