Unfair new Superhost criteria

Lorraine400
Level 2
Llandegfan, United Kingdom

Unfair new Superhost criteria

We live in Wales and host our home during the high season summer months of July and August.  Last year, we were unable to host due to pandemic restrictions and string of cancellations.  I feel unfairly penalized by the new Superhost criteria which requires 10 days hosting in the last year.  I've submitted a feedback form but feel it needs urgent attention as there must be a lot of Superhosts like me in the same situation. 

4 Replies 4
Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Lorraine400

Thanks for your feedback on the Superhost status criteria! 

Throughout the pandemic, we’ve worked hard to help our Hosts adapt to the changing conditions of the pandemic, including changing the way we assess Superhost status for existing Superhosts. As travel continues to recover, and after two years of automatically extending Superhost status, we will resume our regular assessment process.

We however recognize some of our Hosts may still not be ready to resume hosting, so after April 1, existing Superhosts with health and safety concerns related to the pandemic will be able to contact Airbnb support to see if they are eligible for an additional extension of status through July 1.

I hope this helps, and stay safe!

Emilie

-----

Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center/ Please follow the Community Guidelines

Lorraine400
Level 2
Llandegfan, United Kingdom

Hi Emilie,

Thanks for your response.  It is reassuring to know we could potentially be eligible for an extension. We host during the summer months of July and August so unfortunately the July 1st date means we are still in the same position. Is there a way to feed this back to the decision makers?  In North Wales we rely on heavily on the summer months when tourism is at its peak. 

Many thanks,

Lorraine

Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Lorraine400 I've passed on to the team your earlier comments on the Superhost criteria in general, but will relay those as well. 🙂 

-----

Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center/ Please follow the Community Guidelines

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hi @Lorraine400  I'm a long term SH in the UK and haven't had any issues meeting the criteria as we have been able to take bookings without restriction from July last year so achieving 10 days in the last year,  is something that can be easily met.

I do hope demand for bookings at your listing increase soon.