Unjust suspension of listings

Koa26
Level 4
Ottawa, Canada

Unjust suspension of listings

Hi Everybody, 

I want to share our experience of our listing suspension being on-going since April 27, 2022 (Since 5 days now), we are a family with 3 years of hosting experience, 237 reviews and a last 12 month records of 4.8/5 rating. 

We were reported by a guest, that booked our place on April 26, 2022 at 10:30 pm (to come that same night) using the Instant Booking, unfortunately, we already had a bad experience with this guest 4 months before in one of our properties, that ended up with hookers, fights with neighbors and with the Police coming at 3 am to get the keys. We have made the mistake of not reporting him to Airbnb and not making reviews as we didn't want to be involved in this Story back in December 2021. 

When we have seen this person booking our place this time (our basement), we were out of mind, to see how these people are ashamed to continue booking and this time in our place, so we asked him to Cancel as we didn't forget what happened 4 months ago. We ended stupidly fighting by messages with him as he started to be rude, knowing he got our address and phone (given by Airbnb when booking) I have no choice to try to make him scarred as I am a woman, and to protect my self and family I ended up saying  ''if he ever come by our house, my husband will kick his ass". 

For this we were suspended as he reported us. despite we are hosts since 3 years and have 237 reviews, from which 95% are beautiful reviews. 

Since 5 days nobody is answering at Airbnb, they are totally ignoring us, we tried to solve this quietly in the beginning, but this support and service is so bad, so injustice, its all out of our imagination, we are so angry about ourselves of putting our fight in Airbnb and have invested on our listing to be treated that way. 

I know there are some superhost here that can maybe make move things here, or maybe similar experiences that ended by solved? it will be appreciated. We are loosing money and not sleeping for now 5 days. Its just horrible. 

@Catherine-Powell @Helen427 @Sybe  @Emiel1

5 Replies 5
Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

You’ve probably seen many stories here of suspensions @Koa26 and they all seem to take about two weeks to resolve.  Hang in there.  

Also note, when you review a guest, as you know, you get the opportunity to check “do not want to host this guest again.”  That prevents them from using InstantBook to book your place.  If you have a bad guest experience, you don’t have to go into detail in a review,  just say, “Not a good guest” and choose “no” for “Would you host this guest again?”  Give all one stars.  Anything higher than one star does not bring his average down enough to prevent him from using InstantBook with other hosts.

Koa26
Level 4
Ottawa, Canada

We got an answer this morning by a safety and trust manager such as she is actively working on our case and it will be resolved with a final answer within 24h. Let’s if it’s true but honestly I’m 99% certain we won’t get an answer. We lost patience and hope with them 

Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

Hi @Koa26 , I'm so sorry to hear about this. I can imagine this is frustrating for you.

We've sent this over to the team now, they'll be in touch with you soon. If I get an update in the meantime I'll let you know, and please do let us know how you get on!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Koa26
Level 4
Ottawa, Canada

Hi guys! Our listing are running again after 5 days and 6h of energy, calls, emails, social media posting. Just can’t believe what Airbnb is doing with experienced hosts with higher rating. We have had a loss of 600-700$ CAD because of that. The good thing is that we launched our listings in vrbo, booking etc. We will never let Airbnb again to have total control on our life. 

koa 

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Koa26 good to hear you are back up and running. I have always said that if this happens to me we will list elsewhere - Just too lazy to preempt it I am afraid.