Unwelcome extra person not booked in

Unwelcome extra person not booked in

My guest has invited secretly someone else to stay over for the night even though she booked for one guest. Where do I stand with the person who was not invited or booked in? Can I tell him to leave?

3 Replies 3
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Damon81 if your house rules do not allow extra guests then you can ask Airbnb to terminate the guest's stay. It will gain you a bad review and you will have to refund the remainder of the stay.

Amanda660
Level 10
Auchenblae, United Kingdom

Had you mentioned no guests or was he blissfully unaware?

I can’t see anything in your listing about no unregistered guests or visitors so it may be an idea to beef up your rules and house info (I’m browsing on my phone so apologies if it’s been truncated and is actually mentioned).  

What I’d do would depend on how much longer he has left to stay.  How many nights does he have left? 

Jennifer1897
Level 10
Irvine, CA

You always have the right to ask unregistered guest to vacate your property. Expanding on this, it is always best to have very clearly stated rules about visitors. This way, if this happens again you have more to support yourself with when asking them to leave. 

That being said, some guest really don't realize they should ask about having company over. I had a younger guest assume my room followed the standard of a hotel and she could have her boyfriend over whenever she pleased. Then I have had guest that purposely snuck people in through the garage or back doors, knowing this was not allowed.

Approach her nicely and kindly remind her that her reservation was for one person, and that at this time you do not allow unregistered guest to be on the property. If someone ever starts to protest or get angry, I remind them it is a safety/liability issue because unregistered people are not covered by airbnb policies.