Verification codes through AUTHMSG

Cathie19
Level 10
Darwin, Australia

Verification codes through AUTHMSG

Howdy fellow hosts and admin @Quincy , @Stephanie 

Just wanting your feedback on these text messages I’ve received. What are your spider antennae thinking?

So I have received three text messages, in the last four days, coming through the AIrbnb text message number, AUTHMSG, that has been safely used, over the years.

Current Text message:

“ <#>Your Airbnb verification code is: (four digit number).
Don't share this code with anyone; our employees will never ask for the code.
” a numerical and number code combination“

Each text has a different four digit code
Each has the SAME ending: “numerical & number letter mix” which has NEVER appeared on previous AIrbnb text messages.

I have received no email notifications that alterations /editing have taken place on my listing. I’ve been checking for changes.

It certainly is a bit unnerving as I’m not actioning anything ( other than sleeping) or requesting  a verification code to enter/ log on.

Thoughts? 

I believe my password is solid and that any verification codes are required to come to my mobile. I also haven’t sighted any changes to my listing.... 

*** Have any of you been receiving codes that don’t make sense? 

Cheers!

Cathie

(PS: Tried to direct message admin staffer @Stephanie, but I’m not being allowed to send it to you.)

B4AE006A-EA1A-42D9-B406-5100EACA3276.jpeg

30 Replies 30
Clara116
Level 10
Pensacola, FL

@Lizzie  @Cathie19 and everyone ----- I messaged some weeks back about receiving these verification codes- Asking the Leader of the FB Airbnb Community Leader's group here's the reply I received:

The short answer is that those texts can safely be ignored. They are generated when an attempted log in takes place without the proper credentials or from an unknown device which triggers our 3rd party verification service to text the account in question. Individual accounts are not the target of these log in attempts, rather it is a wide scale spam attempt broadly on the Airbnb platform. While these texts can be annoying, there is no need for concern.

I trust this info from Collin and hope it helps others! 

Greetings everyone from Pensacola, Fl.