WHEN A GUEST MODIFIES THE DATES OF THEIR TRIP TO GET RID OF THE CANCELLATION POLICY.

Answered!
Mauricio467
Host Advisory Board Member
Cancún, Mexico

WHEN A GUEST MODIFIES THE DATES OF THEIR TRIP TO GET RID OF THE CANCELLATION POLICY.

Have you handled the situation when a guest about to arrive contacts you, he tells you that he has to move the dates of his trip by "X" circumstance, you make the modification to the reservation to later dates, and once the reservation cancels you. Leaving your Cancellation Policy without effect because by moving the dates they already have the necessary days to make the 100% refund valid?

What would they do in that case? Greetings

Mauricio
Top Answer
Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

@Mauricio467 I think that if you initiate the change the cancellation policy is reset, but if the guest initiates the change it is not (it remains based on the original dates). You should not make date changes on behalf of guests, just like you should not cancel on behalf of guests.

3 Replies 3
Ricardo85
Level 10
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

@Mauricio467 

House Rules:

We don´t accept date alteration.

Ricardo

Se você achou esta resposta útil não deixe de dar um "Like".

Meu Perfil.

Coloque "@Ricardo". Assim eu recebo uma notificação.

Mauricio467
Host Advisory Board Member
Cancún, Mexico

I believe that the cancellation policy should change when making modifications to the reservation, to prevent guests from taking advantage of this situation.

Mauricio
Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

@Mauricio467 I think that if you initiate the change the cancellation policy is reset, but if the guest initiates the change it is not (it remains based on the original dates). You should not make date changes on behalf of guests, just like you should not cancel on behalf of guests.