Announcements

Winter Release Q&A with Airbnb’s Christy Schrader

Winter Release Q&A session

Wales open from July 13th

Huw28
Level 1
Conwy, United Kingdom

Wales open from July 13th

Hi, just a quick note to relay the news that as from July 13th self catering accommodation will be allowed to reopen in Wales. This is subject to there being no additional Covid19 cases.

I would like to take this opportunity to ask if Airbnb would be able to advertise this date, or if there is a way to let customers know?

Many thanks

@huw

6 Replies 6
Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hello @Huw28 

Good news; is that all STRs or only whole listings?

This is a community forum of hosts and guests not monitored by Airbnb. I am sure Airbnb will be aware already but no harming in contact them directly about this.

Aled100
Level 1
Llanddeiniolen, United Kingdom

The Welsh government have bought this date forward to Saturday the 11th but Aibnb still wont release those dates. we are missing out on a weekend....

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

What did Airbnb say when you called them about it? @Huw28 

In England bookings are open from 4 July and our calendars are open. Regardless bookings and views are down massively (apart from key tourist areas like Devon and Cornwall, Lake District etc

Huw28
Level 1
Conwy, United Kingdom

Hi @Aled100 , an opportunity lost in my mind. On a different note we are contemplating that our guests bring their own pillow to sleep on. This one item could be an issue as far as being only able to wash the cover and protector and not the filler. What do you think?

Huw28
Level 1
Conwy, United Kingdom

Hi @Helen3 , I've heard nothing from Airbnb on this subject.

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Hello @Huw28 @Aled100 

I heard & read Wales are in lockdown yet again.

Suggest you be pro-active to protect your well being & livelihoods in general terms.

It's a known fact WHO & others failed to include any reports in there decision making on the wider impacts of addressing the situations in accordance with there legal obligations.

All roads lead back to " Neil Ferguson, Wales" maybe look up his history & ties to Wales  see if he's in your location visiting his parents,  and ask him directly, "Why do you think it's ok to follow your methodology & modelling?"

He has much to answer for with his Research practices, as does his colleague Robin Shattock who both look like they need a good feed, dose of sunshine & a reality check of harm they keep instigating.

Enough is enough of their sheer stupidity, not once have they been lawfully qualified to act in the way they are under the guise of a "State of Emergency" or "Public Health Act" matter.

Their histories and subsequent harm to others lives with their unregulated practices are abhorrent.