War in UKRAINE 2022! Thanks for helping Airbnb

Andrii23
Level 2
Kharkiv, Ukraine

War in UKRAINE 2022! Thanks for helping Airbnb

Dear members of the AIRBNB community, thank you for helping Ukrainians during this difficult period of the war. 🙏 Many Ukrainians were forced to leave the country, but many stayed, thank you again. If anyone wants to help book my accommodation in Kharkov, I will be very grateful. I hope after the war we will meet at my house in the beautiful city of Kharkov. Rest assured, we will rebuild everything and everything will look even better!
Thanks so much!

21 Replies 21
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Andrii23  You do not have a listing. Airbnb is not accepting Ukranians putting up listings simply for the purpose of getting donations.

The movement to book Ukranian listings was started and intended for the purpose of hosts around the world helping out Ukranian hosts. That means established hosts who have now lost all their business, not just anyone who puts up a new listing as a way of receiving money.

We are well aware that all Ukranians are suffering greatly and all need assistance, but posting a listing isn't the way to do that. 

I understand your fear when the war is over, welcome to my home in Kharkov

B6364BF5-E345-4E12-9AC6-24051D5C3957.jpeg

Роман19
Level 2
Kyiv, Ukraine

Look at my "home" during Air ALERT.

Here are my three underage sons sleeping .

11.jpg22.jpg

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Роман19  I'm so sorry, it's horrific what is happening to you. Don't worry- we are getting plenty of news and photos of the devastation and casualties and are all sending you strength and love.

Thank you all for supporting as!

Duplicate post deleted.

@Роман19@Andrii23  I don't know how much news is getting through to you there, but not only do you have the support of almost the entire world, Russians inside Russia are putting their freedom and lives on the line to counter the Russian propaganda.

Are you aware of this that happened today?

https://www.rawstory.com/russian-tv-protester/

And the follow up:

https://www.rawstory.com/russia-channel-one-protest-putin/

It is believed that this may be a fake. In Russia, there are no live broadcasts on TV channels, they are all pre-recorded. Information to think about.DB72B70F-EBF8-4BB6-9DE1-ACC805FA177F.jpeg

@Andrii23  To whose advantage would it be to fake it? I'm not sure I understand that. 

There are many reasons for this. In Russia, this is called "multi-move"

@Andrii23   Can you explain- I would like to understand. 

My opinion will be biased, but the people of Russia did not rally and protest enough in their country.  Having allowed atrocities on the part of his government towards neighboring countries (not only Ukraine). 

@Andrii23  I'm sure you are somewhat biased and have good reason to be. Yes, you can say the people have not done enough to stop atrocities. But there is only so much that people can do. A horrible president was voted in in the US in 2016.  That administration did all kinds of corrupt and terrible things, to Ukraine among them. But even the people who were totally opposed could do little but speak up, because that party was in power in all branches of the government. It took until 4 years later to get them voted out so some of the wrongs done could be righted. 

There are a lot of Russians protesting this war. I saw some interviews done on the street in Russia by Western journalists. A lot of the Russians were believing the propaganda, they supported whatever Putin does and didn't believe that Ukranians were being bombed, even when shown photos of the devastation. But there were some who were speaking out against the war and against the propaganda they knew they were being fed. 

There are good people even in countries with horrible governments and evil rulers. 

What you write is not quite right. In the US, it took 4 years for re-elections. But there are no elections in Russia, is it not clear? For 21 years they have not been able to establish elective institutions. Many, I'm sure, didn't want to. True, much can be explained by huge funding for propaganda. My wife has relatives in Russia, when she tells them about the war, they do not believe her. Of course there are good people in Russia, but there are too few of them. Moreover, it was not enough to prevent the outbreak of war. I emphasize that over the past 30 years in the Russian Federation there have been constant military conflicts in which Russia acts as an aggressor. Who is to blame? Ukraine? USA? Europe? 3rd Reich (Hitler)? China? Or maybe the Russian people, who are the true power in any country in the civilized world.