We are leaving Airbnb and have never been happier!

Juan63
Level 10
San Antonio, TX

We are leaving Airbnb and have never been happier!

I can say with 100% certainty, Airbnb, the company, is why we are leaving. We have been very successful using this platform that we once loved so much, but your constant involvement in political issues, support for BLM(the organization), horrible leadership, and lack of host support, finally pushed us to the edge. You are a drowning whale. Hopefully new leadership comes in to save this once great company. We(hosts) are what made Airbnb special, remember that.

40 Replies 40

@Buynsellit0  Zero chance.

@Buynsellit0  Spam isn't welcomed on this forum.

Kerri18
Level 2
New South Wales, Australia

Useless Airbnb you are going to need us in Australia soon but you treated us like dirt . You lost me when the bush fires tore through our region 6 months ago . All integrity gone . Have to speak to people who probably couldn’t place a pin on the map into Australia. Almost 6 years hosting . No reward just losing my superhost in April 0.1% under the required target . Thanks but no thanks . Bye bye 👋 💰 greed not need any more so sad .

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Sorry to hear you have had such a touch time @Kerri18 . 

What other platforms will you be using going forward.

Quite honestly I wouldn't worry about SH status the majority of guests don't even know what it is, let alone look for a host with it.

So sorry @Kerri18  that you’ve had a raw deal across 2020, with the devastating fires, then especially with your superhost removal. That should NOT have happened. You’ve now got the Covid19 dilemma again, putting a hold on renting........

@Airbnb should be looking at case by case OR  just saying, “these hosts & superhosts are our bread and butter, let’s wipe the current conditions required for current superhosts, who can “maintain” their level of positive reviews, no matter how many! Like, “you don’t kick a dog when it’s down”, and that goes for good hosts who are caught with lack of airline flights, border closures, area hotspots, tourism fears in general, family health immunities concerns, government issues, scared neighbours and the constant and erupting  Covid19 ripple effects that keep happening!

I’ll probably have the same happen to me for the October quarter, AND then even if I keep it, for the next twelve months due to the tourist season ending, usually at the end of September.

I was on track for Superhost for the season, then I had two eight day each, stays for July cancel as they had no flights to get here, and theirs and my state borders were still closed.

My hands are tied, and I mentioned this to @Lizzie  the other day. It is impossible for me to maintain the number of needed stays. I’ve got one 25 day booking I heavily discounted across September, just to incentivise the deal and reduce the number of Covid19 deep cleans required. It’s so sad when good hosts are trying to get back into the game when @Airbnb seems to be working against us. When we hosts, really need a minimum of 12 - 18 months to give it a shot, starting from NOW, not just from last April, when world travel completely stopped....

Some Super hosts, like myself, who only had a three - four month seasonal window to begin with, may actually need longer.....

******* I really feel that as long as we remain within our same level of positive reviews, all other conditions  (length of stays, number of stays and the number of nights) should be waived. ********

Our NT state/Territory borders have only opened since July 17th and we haven’t yet seen a full fourteen day Covid19 cycle as yet, let alone two cycles for some level of safety! We also lost the school holiday tourists, due to border closures. The locals are hating the sight of interstate car rego plates, just for the fear of community transmission, which is valid, looking at Victoria and Greater Sydney, and Batemans Bay areas, to name a few!!

The NT government has been offering wonderful tourist $$$ incentives to locals to use local hotels, and tourist parks, so it’s impossible to compete with the government and registered company voucher discounts, for local business. Most of my guests usually come from Victoria, Western Australia or are international travellers. All those state and international borders options are closed!

We also applied back in April for trade works to be undertaken in our Airbnb space, as the NT government was offering very good $$ home improvements grants scheme to keep tradesmen in business across the Covid19 shutdown.  It was SO popular we still HAVE NOT had an email for approval of the monies, so the work cannot go ahead! Tiles are sitting waiting for the government’s approval, so the registered tiler and air conditioning companies can receive their payments.

Ugh! 

Trying to stay positive, but the loss of the superhost status, will be a big blow and question..... why bother!

I’ll be staying up late on December 31 to see 2021 arrive. Mainly so I can ensure bloody 2020, the “annus horriblus” actually leaves......

Take care Kerri. 💐

Sarah978
Level 6
Ithaca, NY

Good luck @Juan63 !!!

i totally hear you and agree. 

Cathie19
Level 10
Darwin, Australia

@Juan63 . May I wish you the very best for the future. I’ve always enjoyed the CC when we have guests and hosts who offer varying ideas and perspectives. That is what makes it a successful forum. I like your website and hope the LTR future is a bright one for you. Take care and stay safe. 

Laura2484
Level 10
Ohope, New Zealand

@Juan63 

All the best to the exciting changes ahead for you all. 

‘Stay well 👍🏾

Nina75
Level 10
LA, CA

@Juan63 Whats wrong with BLM? I Love BLM...

Eliana310
Level 1
Jersey City, NJ

I echo the sentiment that no support from Airbnb.

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Eliana310!

I am sorry to hear you feel this way. Is there any specific situation you are facing?

It would be nice If you can elaborate on your concern, so that other Hosts may advise you.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines