What do you think about this?

Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

What do you think about this?

I had an Inquiry come in a few weeks ago from someone who says they stayed with us previously, but it's not the person who booked. The profile is new and unreviewed. She was asking if 6 guests would be ok (max is 5 and I'm very clear in the rules that I won't deviate). I said so sorry but no, and thanks for understanding. Carried on. Then last night she sent a request, for 5 guests, no other guest names included, as I require and note in house rules. I asked her for the info and held off accepting. When it arrived (pretty quickly), I recognized the original booking guest in the list of names and went to the old reservation. Turns out they have been banned from the platform for some reason, which is why they can't rebook themselves. The message stream is there, and all text from my part of the conversation is there but the text from the guest is gone and it says "This message has been hidden because the person no longer has access to Airbnb."  Though I can understand why I wouldn't be able to open this person's profile anymore, I fail to see why Airbnb would remove their part of the conversation. MInor detail, but interesting to note.

The thing is, this group was great, no issues whatsoever. I can't imagine why this person would not be able to access their account anymore. I'm leaning toward rolling with it and accepting the booking. Would you ask the booking guest why the other one lost their account, before accepting? I'm leaning toward not. Again, they were some of my better guests. Just interested in thoughts.

15 Replies 15
Karla533
Level 10
Santa Fe, NM

Wow, the complexities of ABB are many !