What is your hosting motto? What keeps you fired up as a host?

Clara116
Level 10
Pensacola, FL

What is your hosting motto? What keeps you fired up as a host?

I am proud to say I was featured in BnbNomads.com's  happy hosting section this week - they- Erin & Jay are  very inspiring with emails and loads of information on their website that's all designed for Airbnb hosts. I hope you will find this inspiring and/or interesting.  

https://bnbnomad.com/happy-hosting/airbnb-hosting-motto/

hostingmotto.png

5 Replies 5
Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

My hosting motto is: 'Every guest has a story'.

Elaine701
Level 10
Balearic Islands, Spain

Underpromise, overdeliver. Difficult to understate the importance of that. 

... and you don't have to be a luxury listing for it to have the desired effect. It could be a tent in a forest, yet as long as you set expectations lower than what the guest actually receives, they'll usually be impressed.

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Clara116 

I agree with @Elaine701 . This is a really important point.

On the one hand, you want to market/sell your listing and it's important to present it in the most appealing way you can to attract customers.

On the other hand, if you make it out to be something grander than it is not (I have seen a lot of listings advertised as 'luxurious' or 'central' or whatever, when they aren't really), it can backfire.

Heather133
Level 10
Stowe, VT

This is great! Congratulations @Clara116!  Your property is beautiful. I love that it is unique and has tons of colorful personality. It looks like there is something to delight the eye everywhere you look. 

Your motto is perfect, especially for guests who are new to your area. I think guests enjoy their experiences so much more when they feel like they are in good hands with someone who will give them great information to maximize their stay. For that reason I often find myself thinking "I've got you!" when I think of what I try to provide for my guests. 

All the best,

Heather

@Heather133 Thanks for your lovely encouraging words. I am thrilled that you totally can relate to what I am talking about...which is evidenced by your absolutely amazing Barn and your style and taste in hosting. After reading your profile I felt a kinship with you...as I lived in Germany almost 10 yrs...from Florida, traveled 30 yrs. and returned to Florida - touring the world over,, Japan, all of the USA..all over Europe and central and South America and hope to be heading to parts of Asia in the next year. I've lived in Florida, Boston, Michigan & all over Germany, love Paris and Italy, Greece and have spent much time in West Africa and have my people there.  Your Barn, the design, style of  all the furniture, bedding everything is just totally to love!. Oh, those high ceilings - WOW...and the view, no wonder the guest return again and again. I too post reviews under some of the pics as you do, cool, many hosts didn't think to do it or how valuable it is. Who better to tell about our places than the guests. I've been very fortunate in almost 6 yrs.

I think  you'll like the start of my cottage - it was a funky garage and we were looking for a home, had just married and I was a therapist and renting a room in town - so I thought this is perfect and I can convert this funky garage, so we bought the garage and oh, a 1800 sq. ft home in front came with it....hahaha. and in a short term converted it into a wonder Massage Therapy Spa type place for my patients, I worked in it for 15 yrs and had to retire - and then converted it again to start an Airbnb cottage and 10mins after hitting the publish button I got my first guests. 

Your motto is also perfect "I've got you", you have thought of everything and the guests know this immediately by the fine detail to everything you give them. So happy to connect with you. 

I don't know if you are planning to join in the Zoom Social gathering on Thursday morning...its early but we have a good time chatting and there's hosts from all over the world that join in and share about where they are and we have been connecting for over 3 yrs now...hope you will join in if possible. 

Thanks again, till soon, I hope.

Blessings, Clara