What makes you most happy about hosting?

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

What makes you most happy about hosting?

Hosting on Airbnb.jpg

Hi everyone!

As we dive into the month of August and celebrate Happiness month, it's a great time to reflect on our Hosts' Airbnb journey and hear what brings them joy while hosting. Hosting and hospitality is not just limited to providing a stay to the guests, but it also provides an avenue to create memorable experiences, building connections, and finding success and happiness in the little moments.

So I'd like to hear from our Hosts, what makes you happy the most when it comes to hosting? 😍 We're curious to hear what brings you joy in your hosting journey! 🌟😻

Best,
Bhumika

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

99 Replies 99
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Wow @Mario3289 !!! That's quite a long journey through the hospitality business! 😉 

Do you offer any discounts or extra facilities to your return guests?

Is there any specific highlight of your hospitality that makes guests come back to your listing?

-----

Lynette193
Level 1
Grass Valley, CA

I have enjoyed hosting people from all over the world.  I try to introduce myself to everyone who stays with us so they feel welcome, comfortable and safe.

Some guests are truly delightful and they have come back numerous times and we consider them friends.

We have been hosting for over 5 years now and periodically something will come up that requires customer support.  I can’t say enough about how helpful and professional the AirBnB team is.  
Airbnb is a great way to utilize our guest house and bring in some extra income now that we are retired.  

All these things make me happy!

@Lynette193 thank you for sharing this, it is so beautiful. 😍

Why do you think your guests come back? 🌻

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines //Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center
Greg2406
Level 6
Rockport, TX

Bhumika, 

Great question.  For us, it's meeting the best people.  Being in a beach/fishing destination, the Guests always have stories to tell of the good times and memories they have made.   And I always provide the latest on the fishing reports and many have tried to get me to give up the hottest spots, and I usually cave in, ha.  We offer specialty services such as gourmet cooking, wine tastings and one of our guests favorites, live music venues.   We love our Guests smiles when they walk into the home to see the cake, treats, or a bottle of wine for their special occasion.   And definitely one of the best parts in Hosting is in reading the fantastic comments left in the Guest Book.  These are priceless and we are very happy to have created many wonderful memories and friendships for both our Guests and for us.     

Greg and Nettie

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

@Greg2406 looks like your listing offers amazing and unique experiences for a memorable guest stay 😍 What's one of the biggest highlights of your listing that guests absolutely love?

I’m curious, how did you come up with the idea of offering specialty services? How do your guests usually convey their requirements for special occasions? Do you manage these requests on your own, or do you have a Co-host who can help?

Do you find that certain specialty offerings are more popular with guests than others? 😉

-----

Bhumika,

Our home is uniquely situated and close to literally everything from markets, shops, festivals, fishing, and especially the Bay Beach.   Guests love being so close.  

I have cooked all my life and I decided well before we started Hosting that I would offer a very high end experience.   This was developed out of owning a production ranch and each month I  would provide hundreds within the community with free organic food.   Carried that over to our services we provide to our Guests.   

Subsequent to the booking confirmation, we ask if the Guests are celebrating anything special.   Most will convey that they are.   As anyone can imagine, many anniversaries, birthdays, graduations.   And we make each event special for them with small items like cakes, wine, treats.    The smile on their faces when they walk into the property is priceless.   

I do most of the cooking which can be anything from Tex/Mex, to Greek, Indian, Italian, Cajun, and always the favorites are the fresh seafood and steaks.   We even make our own Gyro meat!!  And of course, our extensive wine list is always a big hit.   We always have wines from all over the world; Argentina, Italy, France, South Africa and Napa.   This year we started live music concerts on the property that all the Guests want to know about.   

All-in-all, we just have a good time and have been blessed to have met some of the best Guests ever.  

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

@Greg2406  It is indeed impressive to see how well thought your hospitality is !!!😍 It must take so much hard work to create a wonderful stay for guests. Kudos to your efforts! 🥂

Which is the best compliment you've received so far from guests about such arrangements? Do you have return guests, who prefer your property for another stay to celebrate such occasions?😉

-----

@Bhumika 

We try very hard to go above and beyond for every Guest.   At the beginning, it was a task and chore, but mainly because we had a high incident rate of damages and unruly individuals.   Now that we have become seasoned veterans, we have managed to both attract the Best Guests and as any Host will know,...that is always what you want.    

Summer has been brutal here in Texas.  Between the heat and storms, we have managed to have many guests that want to come back in the fall when things cool down.   The Guests are always happy to see what we offer and we have several that are coming back later this year to let us wine and dine them.   Everyone asks about the live concerts and after we have had a couple, I can assure every Host that if you haven't tried it,..it is fantastic.   The Guests enjoy making new friends and always want to know when we are doing the concerts again.  

Some Guests that will be returning this year want us to have a cooking and wine tasting event.   We can't wait.   Guests becoming life long friends, how cool is that!

Greg and Nettie

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

This is beautiful @Greg2406 ! I am sure many Hosts agree on the joy of hosting and how guests sometimes become life long friends 😍 So delightful to read all your tips, insights and hosting experience 🥳

How have you been managing the brutal Texas summer? ☀️😶 I hope the fall season brings you some much-needed relief! 😌

-----

Bhumika,

This summer has been one for the records here in Texas.   TS Alberto really did hit our area very hard.  Between the tornados less than a quarter mile away and the 12 inch rains in less than two days,..we were wondering if we shouldn't be building an ark.  Hurricane Beryl missed us at the last minute.   All in all, we are anxious to get to cooler weather and out of hurricane season.