Why Air BnB vs. other hosting sites?

Why Air BnB vs. other hosting sites?

New to the Air BnB world and I am exploring my options in regards to vacation rental sites. Please let me know why you chose Air BnB vs other sites? 

2 Replies 2
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Sarah4494 For us it was simply the flexibility Airbnb gives us. We can block days/weeks/months anytime we want and stop hosting with near zero notice as long as we don't have future bookings out there. We may change to Cottages.com (a UK site) as I feel they get bookings with longer lead times and at better rates than airbnb. 

Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Sarah4494   AirBnB has become the "Kleenex" of vacation rentals.  As long as you have a good grasp on what their rules are and how they are going to support or not support you as a host, list with them.  

I did not choose Air over other sites.  I added Air to my marketing websites.  I list multiple properties on multiple sites, but I don't list all of my properties on all sites either.  Each site has pluses and minuses as to how they provide guests and income, and each site is used by different guest demographics.   

Educate yourself on the similarities and differences of each of the prevalent OTAs and then choose.