Why would some listings on a profile say superhost and some not…

Why would some listings on a profile say superhost and some not…

Hi everyone! 

Very curious about a host I came across today that is a Superhost and has been for some

time if memory serves me correct. Why would some of this host listings say superhost and some don’t? Also, why do the reviews not add up. The page says 147 reviews… and there are at least 1000… the number never changes. Is there a primary host and a co-host? Is this some loophole to throw lower rated listings on a cohost and maintain the superhost status? Doesn’t add up to me. 

1 Reply 1
Paul1255
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Better-Path-Real-Estate-Group0  I hope you are well.

It's just the way the co-hosting system is set up.

You can only become a Superhost if you are a listing admin (you have listings that were created on your profile) as all of the requirements for the status are directly associated with your account only.

Co-hosts, regardless of their status as a primary host do not have the ability to have Superhost status, unless they have listings created on their own profile.

It's not possible to throw a lower rated listing onto a co-host, as that listing will always be directly connected to the account of the person who created it and affect their status and figures- not the co-hosts.

I have a listing myself on my profile, and I am also primary host and co-host to other hosts, so on my profile you'll only see the reviews for the listing directly associated with my account, but you'll see 12 other listings each with their own reviews and superhost statuses depending on if the listing admins are Superhosts or not.