Worst customer service by AirBnB

Vivek56
Level 1
San Jose, CA

Worst customer service by AirBnB

Hi, I am writing to reach out and get some help from the customer service at AirBnB. I have already tried to get help by calling customer service and it has been the worst experience I have ever had with any company's customer service. They are so rude and have no knowledge on how to help customers. They have been directed to say that we do not work in this department and cannot help.

Here is my issue, I booked an AirBnB for Aug 23-Aug 28 in Mammoth lakes. The house was under construction when we reached and it wasn't livable . We contacted the host and they apologized for the inconvenience and said they would refund us back. 

The problem starts with AirBnb customer service. It was night and we had no accommodation. I called them to get a new accommodation and they said it has been escalated to highest priority and a case manager will call you. We waited for 2 hours and it was 8 PM in the night and no body called back. Then I booked another listing at a expensive last minute price since we needed a place to stay as we were stranded on the street at night with no place to go. It has been 5 days and I have been consistently calling AirBnB and they say case manager will call back and no body has called back. My case number is 92521619.

I am waiting to get the full refund on the cancelled listing (apparently the host has already issued the refund however AirBnB has blocked it on their side). Additionally, I would want the refund on the extra charges I paid on top of my booking to get the last minute booking changed since no case manager ever called. The difference between my first booking and second booking is $300.

3 Replies 3
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Vivek5r

This is the community and not Airbnb itself. Allthough i understand your frustration, you need to address the financial problems at Airbnb itself.

Ways to contact them:

Contact Airbnb - Community Guide [Updated]

But be prepared for slow response....

Best regards,

Emiel

Vivek56
Level 1
San Jose, CA

Thanks Emiel. I understand this is community. Since I tried the regular channels and got no help so thought I will try this channel and see what is the experience with others. Also, while this is community I see many AirBnB admins active here. Hoping to get a response from them for a resolution.

Laurie533
Level 2
Hightstown, NJ

HORRENDOUS HOST AND AIRBNB CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!

DONT EVER EVER GO THROUGH THE BELOW HOST THIS HOST !!!!!!   HE IS A NIGHTMARE !!!
EVEN AFTER HAVING THE WORST  EXPERIENCE  HE REFUSES TO REIMBURSE !!!!! 
NEVER ANSWERS YOU BACK BUT HE SURE WAS QUICK TO TAKE YOUR MONEY !!! AND WHATS IS EVEN WORSE IS TEH CUSTOMER SERVICE AND ESCALATION TEAM THEY ARE ALL WHO ANSWERED THE CALLS AND PUT ME THROUGHT HOLDING PERIODS AND THAN HANGING UP AND THAN CALLING MULTIPLE TIMES TO GET THIS RESOLVED THEY CAME BACK FROM 500 THAT THE HOST GORDON KEPT  ANDN INCLUDING THE CREDIT HE GOT BACK THEY GAVE ME 142 FOR THE INCONVENIENCE !!! HOW DISGUSTING IS THAT !!! I HAVE REACHED OUT BY EMAIL TO BOT BRIAN THE CEO BY EMAIKL WHO I AM SURE WILL RESOLVE THIS ISSUE.
37 reviews
Identity verified

Gordon confirmed
Identity
Email address
Phone number
Learn more about how confirming account info helps keep the Airbnb community secure.
Hi, I’m Gordon
Joined in 2019
About
A barrel of laughs
Lives in Lancaster, PA