Wrongly fully refunded guest and host (me ) left with zero

Martini2
Level 2
Barcelona, Spain

Wrongly fully refunded guest and host (me ) left with zero

Hi everyone , I just found out from Airbnb CS they refunded my guest fully despite the fact he wasn’t eligible for this refund my policy is strict policy . Apparently anyone from China could cancel to avoid spreading Covid back in March free of charge which is fine but in my case I did ask all safety questions ( guest confirmed is living in EU ) and they are saved in my inbox . Airbnb ignores this fact I made sure guest isn’t from Asia and he confirmed is living few months already in UK and will be travelling to Spain ..... I found it very unfair from Airbnb not giving me any support or positive solution on this matter . I lost booking under strict policy from guest who shouldn’t canceled .... and Airbnb says it’s not revert-able ( pure lie )  and declined even promised 25% refund towards host (me ) due to Covid cancellation  . After 7 years being on here I can’t believe it how they could be so bad with me . It wasn’t huge amount and it’s clear they did mistake ...... oh yes and Superhost support relief invitation despite being 100% eligible also not sent to me ...... I’m Really disappointed by such a treatment 

3 Replies 3
Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Martini2 - Travel from the UK isn't permitted during these times (and probably until July), so the guest can't holiday in Spain. It doesn't really matter what  your cancellation policy is during these times I'm afraid.

Martini2
Level 2
Barcelona, Spain

Yes I understand but CS said to me guest canceled at the beginning of March when there wasn’t policy of no travelling yet valid . I would totally understand but seeing they left me with zero despite the fact guest is living in UK with Hong Kong Airbnb account it’s not fair . We have strict policy for reason and in the future I won’t accept guests from Asia since there is always problems with bookings . Chinese  could cancel free of charge in order not to spread virus since February I think but my guest was living in UK I did ask him and so he shouldn’t been refunded full amount ...... sadly Airbnb doesn’t want deal with it and one unhappy host it’s ok for them . 

Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

On that basis, you'll have your account closed very soon, @Martini2, because it isn't OK to discriminate against would-be guests due to their race.