Zero Inquiries since the May 11 update

Answered!
Katherine815
Level 2
Toronto, Canada

Zero Inquiries since the May 11 update

Hello - 

Since I signed up with airbnb over a month ago, I have received at least two requests or inquiries a week, often more. Since the update May 11 I have not had a single message from any potential guests - NOT ONE - and my viewing stats are dropping like a stone (over 1300 last week, fewer than 900 this week over the 30 day period). I have checked my listing, done searches as a traveller, and I think I am seeing it correctly but I’m new to this and I can’t be sure I’m searching properly and not missing something. There is definitely something wrong and, judging by what others are asking and seem to be concerned about when searching for their properties, I would assume I’ve got a problem that is making the new algorithm drop me or put me somewhere I’m not supposed to be. 

Anyone else have this problem? Andy support people feel like helping me?

K

1 Best Answer
Annie1372
Level 10
Montreal, Canada

@Katherine815 

In this post, you will see that a majority of host likes us faced the same problem… unfortunately 

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Airbnb-Updates/Airbnb-2022-Summer-Release-What-you-need-to-know/...

please don’t hesitate to copy your comment there in order to group together all the issues about this latest AirBNB summers 2022 « disaster » release 

good luck with your rental

Annie
3 Replies 3
Annie1372
Level 10
Montreal, Canada

@Katherine815 

In this post, you will see that a majority of host likes us faced the same problem… unfortunately 

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Airbnb-Updates/Airbnb-2022-Summer-Release-What-you-need-to-know/...

please don’t hesitate to copy your comment there in order to group together all the issues about this latest AirBNB summers 2022 « disaster » release 

good luck with your rental

Annie

Thanks Annie - I just did (hopefully correctly). Hugely upsetting. 

I too have not had a single inquiry or reservation since the update. I have professional photos, updated my descriptions and still no activity. Prior to the update, I would get around 3 new reservations per week.